Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Newark (Elizabeth) Country Inn and Suites

thelma
By thelma,
in

Need hotel in area for one or two nights from March 31. Flight out is 7pm April 1 so a late check out would be a bit of a push. I would like a hotel in an area with some shops and restaurants available where I could spend the day before leaving the hotel around 4pm I don"t know the area. Any suggestions welcome I would like to book on either Hotwire or Priceline if possible.

Need hotel in area for one or two nights from March 31. Flight out is 7pm April 1 so a late check out would be a bit of a push. I would like a hotel in an area with some shops and restaurants available where I could spend the day before leaving the hotel around 4pm I don"t know the area. Any suggestions welcome I would like to book on either Hotwire or Priceline if possible.

Welcome!

Would you consider staying in the Jersey City area? You would have easy access to Manhattan and Hoboken. In the Elizabeth zone, there are several hotel properties which are close to the Jerey Gardens outlet mall and several chain restaurants.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

As dahammer has pointed out, the Jersey City zone (along the waterfront) would be best, as it would give you access to both Manhattan and Hoboken. The Elizabeth zone would give you access to the Jersey Gardens Mall.

As far as the EWR zone, forget it, as there is nothing in the immediate area/walkable of the hotels in this zone.

Ultimately between the two zones this will come down to your budget, as the Elizabeth zone would likely be less expensive than Jersey City.

Let us know your thoughts and budget and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Decided the Elizabeth zone with Airport shuttle and shopping would be best for stopover.

First bid ............ March 31 - April 2 ............2 1.2* $40 Declined

Second bid.........March 31 - April 2 .............3* $57 Counteroffer add $17 did not accept

tried for one night hoping to add a night

Third bid............March 31 - April 1 ............2 1/2* $45 Counteroffer add $13 did not accept

Booking was for my sister from the UK so we decided to try the UK site (they would not accept her cc on US site)

Forth bid..........March 31 - April 2 ...............$51 ACCEPTED at Country Inn And Suites Newark Airport

Thanks dahammer and theruare for all the help and suggesting the Elizabeth zone.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]