Hotwire Hotel: Please ID these hotels

Samuel di C di S
By Samuel di C di S,
in

Unfortunately, neither listing has been ID'd/reported to the board, and these amenities are common among hotels at this star rating in this area. Additionally, the prices of many properties at the 2* level in these areas for these dates don't seem too much higher - the Rodeway Inn Pasadena is $65 for these dates on Orbitz, and coupon code FABSAVE10 takes 10% off (plus, free breakfast at that property.) The Motel 6 Hollywood is $106.66, but every other night is free, so the total is $53.30 per night, plus Orbitzdeal5 is a coupon code that takes another 5% off. WELCOME10 is another 10% off coupon for Orbitz.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE or Orbitz.com links to start your purchases and searches.

(BB appeared to have a paucity of lower grade hotels...)

Pasadena and Hollywood have some really marginal 2* and 1* motels.

If you could win a 2* on PL or HW for $25 then more people would take the gamble. But at $45ish (which is what it seems to take in Hollywood) for most people the potential savings after Priceline transaction fee aren't enough to justify the risk of winning a dump. This is especially true for a 12 night stay like yours.

If you're a gambler and want to try some lowball bids like $30-35 for 2* the potential savings might justify the risk.

I wouldn't bid for more than six nights though, as a hedge against getting something you don't want for 12 nights.

Will you have a car, so that parking costs are a consideration?

I just looked at the HOTWIRE listings for your dates, which I hadn't done before, and I think the 2* in Pasadena (it's $53 now, btw) could be the Pasadena Inn, which would be to the better end of Pasadena motels. Parking, breakfast, and internet are included, and it's in a good part of Pasadena, walking distance to the shopping district on Colorado. It's also a short walk from the Metro Gold Line.

TripAdvisor reviews are very mixed (rated 3/5) but I note some of the worst reviews are by one-time posters. I stayed at Pasadena Inn once and with all the freebies I think it's a good value at $53. Their regular rate for your dates is $87.

If this interests you my suggestion is to just buy just one or two nights on HOTWIRE first, to be sure it's Pasadena Inn you're getting. Then if the ID pans out you can purchase the rest of your nights separately. (Check that the same hotel is available on HOTWIRE for both sets of dates if you do this.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]