Priceline Hotel: 2.5* NYC Airports (LGA) Ramada Plaza

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

Made a same day reservation for the LGA Airport area, and accessed Priceline through Savingsbarn.com. This area has 5 zones and I wanted to stay in a 3* property; the highest star rating in two zones is 2.5 stars so I had two re-bid opportunities. I noticed that the Crown Plaza had rooms available and what appeared to be the Wyndham was available on HW for $93. Started bidding at $65 for a 3* and increased by $10 on my rebids, all rejected up to $85. Addded a 2.5* and bid $70 and won.

Ramada Plaza La Guardia Airport

La Guardia Airport (LGA)

3710 114th Street

Corona, New York 11368

Your Offer Price: $70.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $70.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $19.58

Total Charges: $89.58

I gotta admit, I was not pleased when I found out I won a room at a Ramada, as I am not a big fan of this chain. I have probably stayed in 4 Ramadas in the past 10 years. I was pleasantly surprised upon check in that the lobby was clean and the staff was friendly. It took almost 10 minutes to find my reservation and load it into their system. I had to change rooms as I had problems with the HiSpeed internet connection (9.95 a day), this was done without question and got a room with a 'frig (usually a $10 charge). The room was updated and clean, small bathroom, but as NYC airport hotels go, this is a nice hotel. Also featured: Free 24 hr. Airport Shuttle to LGA, a restaurant and bar, Free Parking (several airport hotels charge $10 or more for this), an indoor pool, 24 hour fitness center. I would definately stay here over the Wyndham as the rooms seem newer, and there is less "jet takeoff" noise. Shea Stadium is just across the Grand Central Parkway, but I'm not sure if you can get there from here, on foot. The Hotel's website claims that you can take the #7 subway to 111th street, walk to 114th Street, then two more blocks to the Ramada Plaza. The rack rate for this property was $93, so I probably overbid at $70. The Ramada Plaza is also not far from the Asian restaurants on Northern Blvd. so its Korean BBQ for me tonite, BulGoGi and Kimchee....

Just checked out the location of the train stop at 111th street to the Ramada, this is a good 5 block walk and not one that I would make with Luggage. It is a bit desserted at night as well, but during the day, it looks ok. Also, you can walk to Shea Stadium from here, but I would probably ask the desk for the shuttle on a night game :)

Thanks for the report!

There are some excellent Korean restaurants in that area!

In college i got hooked on BiBimBob which we used to get for $4.25... it would fill you up for the day. I still get it sometimes in the area aroun here, but it costs more than twice as much and, unfortunately, is half as good :)

Glad to hear the Ramada gave you a pleasant surprise.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]