Priceline Hotel: 4* Philadelphia (Downtown) Hyatt Penns Landing

DLJ05
By DLJ05,
in

I just booked 5 nights (4/04-4/09) thru priceline. I bid $43 four stars thinking I would get rejected but got it in the first try. Thanks to everyone on this board! Also can anyone give me advice on how to get to the Hyatt from the 30th St. Amtrak station. My son is a train lover and we will be coming from Pittsburgh via Amtrak. Thanks!

I like trains too (once took the TGV from Paris to Marsaille, now, that's a train!) and even one of my in-laws works for Amtrak, but with $49 airfares and a 1 hour flight from the 'burgh to Philly, I like flying better!! :) Not sure what the airfares would be for your son's dates of travel, but Southwest will be starting service from Pittsburgh soon and in anticipation of this service, US Airways sometimes lowers fares. The Amtrak station is at 30th and Market streets, you can take a cab (as suggested the Hotel), but since your son likes trains, the Market-Frankford Line ( its called "The EL" by locals) Market-Frankford map and schedule runs from 30th street station to the 2nd street. Upon exiting the station, your son will be at 2nd and Market streets and will have a 2 block walk to the Hyatt. If arriving in the evening, I might take a cab. I'm not sure what the cab fare is, but the fare using The El is $2.00. While in Philly, check out the Philadelphia Museum of Art as they will have a major exhibit featuring the works of Salvador Dali. Also about 25 miles west of the city is Valley Forge National Park and along with a visit to Independance Hall, it can give one a great perspective on the sacrifices that others made over 200 years ago that established our freedom.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]