Priceline Hotel: NYC--2 brs and kichenette

rbon
By rbon,
in

:) We (a married couple and my mother) will be travelling to Manhattan shortly for a week stay. We are looking for a well-located room/suite/apartment that would have two sleeping areas suitable to accomodate the 3 of us and a kitchen/kitchenette. Preferred areas are MTE, MTW/UM-CPS. Do you have any advice for us as to how to secure the above for no more than $200/nite? Many thanks.

Two places come to mind

Financial District:

3* Embassy Suites tripadvisor review

This place is all suite generally has two double beds or two queen's in the one room, and a pullout couch in the other room. There is no cooking facilities, but it comes with free hot breakfast which is quite good.

MTS:

2* Murray Hill Suites East REVIEW / tripadvisor review

This place has the kitchen facilities you would be looking for.

I remember one other place Manhattan Seaport Suites or something like that in the Financial district that some people have gotten through priceline for dirt cheap. I am not sure if it is still offered or what has become of it. It had kitchen facilities.

...Maverick

First things first... what are the dates of your stay?

What you're looking for is not that common in NYC, and 2 of the 3 suggestion Maverick suggested are in the Financial District which i would not necessarily recommend for what i believe to be your needs/situation. As well, i just re-read your post... you're looking for two separate sleeping areas? (as opposed to just two beds in the room?)... if that's the case than i don't know if any of the above will satisfy your needs.

Do you need a full kitchenette, from the standpoint that you will actually be cooking/using a microwave in the room, do you need to keep some sort of medication in a refrigerator, or is it just a convenience that you think would be a nice touch?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare and Maverick for your response. To be clear: dates of trip are 3/7-3/14. Kitchenette is sought (as a nice idea only) so we could prepare breakfast (coffee, fruit etc.), snacks at home. Therefore, refrigerator, plates, silverware and coffee maker are the main necessary ingredients. Two separate sleeping areas (not necessarily rooms) are sought to assure each of us a little more privacy. May not work out for NYC. BTW, i agree with you that the financial district or even Murray Hill would probably not work for us. Many thanks for your help to date.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]