Hotwire Hotel: 4* Philadelphia (Historic-Waterfront) Sheraton SH

shenkin@mindspring.com
By [email protected],
in

Looking at past messages, the price is creeping up: $75 for me, $70 on 4jan05, $59 on 14dec04, $61 in may2004. And, after I booked my reservation at $75, I went back to get some more info for this posting, and now it's $77, only a half-hour later!

It's no longer a "customer favorite", by the way. Last year we stayed in the 3* Holiday Inn (also obtained through Hotline, and results posted here); this is still a "customer favorite" (or, I should say, there still is a 3* customer favorite which I'm guessing is the Holiday Inn), but since it was also $75, we thought we'd try a 4* for the same price. Besides, the Holiday Inn, despite being clean, was a bit run down. That wasn't a big deal, but as I said, we thought we'd try someplace else.

I'll post notes on "the experience" after the fact -- we're not going till the weekend of Feb 5.

What does "customer favorite" mean, anyway?

You will like the Sheraton much more than the Holiday Inn as it is a newer property, and very close to a lot of restaurants in the "Old City" neighborhood of Philadelphia. This is a very walkable part of town and if the weather is nice, you can walk to many of the historic sites like Independance Hall, the Mint, the Constitution Center, Betsy Ross House, not to mention several watering holes that will stave off dehydration !

I see from your post that your check-in date is 2/5... when are you checking out?

Customer Favorite is just a marketing thing for Hotwire where they get favorable reviews on a property and list some of the comments that other customers have written in. The biggest fear among 'opaque hotel' buyers is that the hotel won't be good as the star rating assigned to it (these customers don't yet know about BetterBidding :) ). The Customer Comments sometimes give timid users the confidence to buy since there is evidence that other customers have been happy with the property.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board... helping future 'timid users'!

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]