Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (DuPont Circle-Woodley Park) Omni Shoreham

CrazyOne
By CrazyOne,
in

Another work trip to DC, another stay at the Shoreham. I played around with GTown/Foggy, bidding up to $125 for 4*, but as is generally the case no luck down there. Only ever got the one win there, whereas I now have several 4* wins at good prices in the DuPont zone including this being the 3rd or 4th stay at the Omni Shoreham. At $105 it can't be beat. I just wonder whether they ever sell many rooms at regular price. ;-) Perhaps they're just trying to fill a few extras at last minute. Whatever, it works for me.

I should note that my winning bid page says I can extend my stay now at same rate, so this means that $105 should be a good rate for more than just Monday if anyone else is doing last minute bids there. $105 is close to the baseline. I bid $95 at first and was rejected, so the acceptable bid was somewhere between $96 and $105.

I haven't been as active recently, but thanks as always for keeping up the site. Still comes in handy. I used the special PRICELINE link of course.

I'll make a separate post about this in the tips forum, but I want to note the zones available for Washington DC have changed. In addition to the Alexandria split they've moved Springfield zone into a Northern Virginia bidding area (but kept Mt Vernon for Washington, weird) and have brought in Silver Spring and Bethesda from the Maryland Suburbs area. This makes for a bit fewer rebids now for anything below 4*. Plus Crystal City now has 4*! I know it never used to.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]