Priceline Hotel: HELP A LOSER!!!!

ajam12
By ajam12,
in

Ok, I'm brand new to priceline and in need of some serious guidance. My wife and I want to go to Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos for a few days 3/6 until 3/9. I went to priceline and found the comfort suites for $137 a night. There are only three hotels listed on the sight and the other two are $500+. When I went to name my own price, it gave me the option of a three star hotel (which the comfort suites is) and said the median price is 137 a night. Does that necessarily mean that if I bid on the three star hotel, it will be the comfort suites? Please help a loser...thanks.

A

welcome!

I was unable to access PRICELINE's "Name Your Own Price" biding site for Turks and Caicos, however there were 3 hotels shown for the "Shop and Compare" site.

Many, but not all, hotels participate in both of PRICELINE's reservation systems, so whether its Turks and Caicos or Secaucus-North Bergen, its unwise to assume that every hotel shown on the Shop and Compare side is available for bidding.

Please use the Support/Travel Links found on the board to research this trip and book your reservation.

When I went to name my own price, it gave me the option of a three star hotel...

What city did you use in order to get to the "name your own price" section of PRICELINE for Turks and Caicos?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

(PLS) Providenciales

that's very strange.....when I entered "Turks and Caicos" into the search bar, I did not have the option to "Name Your Own Price". When I entered PLS into the search bar, a totally different page appeared with a "NYOP" bidding option. :)

but let me play the Devil's Advocate here....suppose you bid and you win a hotel on another island such as Grand Caicos or North Caicos, how would that work for you?

All of the information is correct, in that the "retail" section and the "name your own price" section of PRICELINE use a different universe of hotels... there is a lot of overlap, but the two use different inventory, some hotels participate on the retail side but not the bidding side, and vice-versa. There is a thread on this subject in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Based upon the above, what is your gameplan? Is the Comfort Suites a property you'd be happy with? Is there a price in which you'd be happy with just about any 3* rated hotel on the island?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]