How does the Priceline Big Deal Work?

inspiration100
By inspiration100,
in

I don't really understand the Priceline Big Deal offer they have on their webpage...

It says that if I bid and can find a lower price, they will match it and take off $25 (refund the credit card).

I booked a hotel in Florence for $126 for two nights via the name your own price. The total on the hotel website is $223 for two nights. Will I be able to qualify for this Big Deal offer? My biggest problem is that the website lists the hotel price in Euros.

If so, how would they do the Euro conversion? And I saw something about getting a $50 off your next two hotel purchases as well?

If anyone can clear all this up, I'll try and see if I can claim it.

Thanks!

The Seattle hotel guy.... Stayed in 14 hotels downtown and counting!

Favorite Hotel Downtown: The Camlin Seattle (It's now a timeshare)

I booked a hotel in Florence for $126 for two nights via the name your own price. The total on the hotel website is $223 for two nights. Will I be able to qualify for this Big Deal offer?
No, your purchase needed to have taken place on or after March 3, 2010.

PRICELINE has always had a Best Rate Guarantee for their Name Your Own Price where they would refund the difference between your bid amount and the room rate if you found a lower rate within 24 hours, this just seem to be a limited time extension of this offer: Priceline Best Price Guarantee

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Although this may not seem logical (or it may depending on the price of hotels in your area)... what is stopping people from purposely overbidding on their hotel? Then they get $25 back and $50 in rewards...

Hmmm. Odd.

The Seattle hotel guy.... Stayed in 14 hotels downtown and counting!

Favorite Hotel Downtown: The Camlin Seattle (It's now a timeshare)

Too much risk involved for $25, imo. PRICELINE could deny your claim based upon room type, cancellation policy, etc, etc. As well, you could intentionally bid higher and receive a different hotel than you anticipated... stuck with a hotel costing more than you intended.

The $50 is for a Vacation Package, not for a hotel purchase, something many users won't ultimately use.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]