Priceline Hotel: 4* Miami (Coral Gables-Coconut Grove) Westin Colonnade

TJewel
By TJewel,
in

Bid this for a friend who is going on the same cruise as I am. Downtown Miami was first choice with Coral Gables being next. Tried for the last 4 weeks to get a 3.5* in downtown hoping to strike the Marriott that I received for my October dates with no success up to $85. Changed to Coral Gables 4* starting at $60 and received the Westin Colonnade at $64. I used the PRICELINE link to start my bidding.

Thanks for posting your results TJewel.

This is a question to the forum, I bid on the 4* Coral Gables on 15-Feb-10 and went up to 75 USD. No luck.

17-Feb-10 same strategy and 75 USD was not accepted.

Is it typical for a hotel to slowly release rooms each day and that the two times I bid unsuccessfully were not due to the fact they would never be available for that rate, but just on those days?

Hope this makes sense. Just wondering if I should start my bids lower again :)

Ratnrol, there is no way to know regarding how hotels release inventory, as traffic will differ and hotels will differ in how they approach offering inventory to the discount services. If your dates are busier, rates may never be available at that price for your dates. Again though, there's no way to know for sure.

Please start a new thread if you require assistance with your stay and please do use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Bid this for a friend who is going on the same cruise as I am. Downtown Miami was first choice with Coral Gables being next. Tried for the last 4 weeks to get a 3.5* in downtown hoping to strike the Marriott that I received for my October dates with no success up to $85. Changed to Coral Gables 4* starting at $60 and received the Westin Colonnade at $64. I used the PRICELINE link to start my bidding.

I found this very useful, since my reading of the "average" price for 4-star hotels in the area, on the PRICELINE site, led me to believe that prices in Coral Gables were higher than for downtown Miami. Even if I go for downtown Miami first for an upcoming trip, I'll keep Coral Gables in mind should I not get what we want right away. Of course,have to keep parking prices in mind, as well.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]