Priceline Hotel: 4* Victoria Marriott Inner Harbor

KRXNLS
By KRXNLS,
in

Hi, I was just turned down for a 4 star in Victoria when I bid $55. I was offered a deal if I increased by $15 but didn't accept this. My surprise is that both other zones in Victoria (Oak Bay and Airport) were greyed out therefore there was no possibility for rebids.

I have one more shot at this on Saturday evening when the 72hours is up so I'm wondering whether to try 60 or 65 at that time. The AAA rate for the Marriot is 101US at the moment.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

By the way, I did use SavingsBarn.com to try my bid

Thanks,..

What is your backup plan?

If you want a 4* hotel for a reasonable price, I think in this case I'd be tempted to take the counteroffer. You have only one more chance to bid, and if you don't get it, you'll be out of luck with Priceline. I'd hate to suggest that you bid $65, which is very likely to succeed, because of the possibility you could lose out entirely.

First I realise that I posted in the wrong place. Very sorry. I'm not very computer literate and I'm not sure if I should,/ can move the post to the correct spot

Our back up plan is the Harbour Towers at 68$US. This is a lesser quality hotel, of course, but we've stayed there quite a bit and don't mind it.

Your point, however, is well taken but it's too late now to accept the counter offer. So, between now and Saturday we'll decide whether to bid 65 or 70.

Thanks so much for the reply

Thank you very much for trying your priceline bid thru SavingsBarn.com

Is a higher rated hotel worth anything to you?

For example, if Priceline did show prices and showed a 4* hotel at $65 (or let's say $71 including fees but not taxes, so it's an apples-to-apples comparison), would you sooner take that or the Harbour Towers at $68?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi

Yes, a 4star hotel is definitely worth something to me (and perhaps more to me than my husband!) and I would be happy to pay $65 for the 4 star which would probably be the Marriot. (In fact the counter offer didn't seem bad to me )

So. I'll bid 65 on Saturday and see what happens. Any idea why the other areas would be greyed out?

I thought of having my husband bid but decided against it as I will be arriving several hours before he does and I imagine that that would be a problem at check in.

And thanks for the tip about being able to access a counter offer after the fact. There's always something new to learn.

I will post the results of the Saturday evening bid and thanks again

You can have your husband bid but put the hotel in your name if you will be arriving first.

The credit card that priceline charges doesn't have to match up with the first person to check-in... in fact the person whose credit card it is doesn't even have to stay at the hotel (we've seen people bid for others as a gift); but the name of the person whose name the reservation is under must be there at the time of check-in.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes... whenever you decide to bid again.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]