Hotwire Hotel: HELP: NYC

runfar82
By runfar82,
in

I still not sure how this work. Voya at the tripadvisor.com website suggested that I try this. I have plugged in my date 6/5 - 6/10 on hotwire. There is a four star place in midtown central, best value at $182. Has a restaurant, fitness center, and business center. You probably have seen this too. Help. Can you tell me what it is? This seems like a winner, if I went with this price for a four star. How could I lose?

Welcome to BetterBidding! (and thank you Voya for pointing runfar in our direction :) )

Here's a bit of insight and direction...

First i suggest you read I'VE NEVER USED PRICELINE or HOTWIRE to give you an overview of each service.

Second is a bit of how this site works:

You're off to a great start by doing the search you did. Next step is to look in our NYC HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST and compare the amenities that you're seeing to those in our lists. I'm assuming that this hotel is also listed as a "Customer Favorite" (you didn't say, but it does appear as such on the search i just ran for your dates)... if so you'll see that this is a match for the Sheraton New York and that is the most likely identification of this hotel.

"How Could I Lose?"

Although i'm pretty confident on the hotel id mentioned above, there could be other hotels with the same exact ameniteis and star rating as this one that we don't yet know about (as the amenities of Restaurant, Fitness, and Business are fairly common in NYC... but the Customer Favorite designation/comments makes other properties less likely in this instance). Therefore, it is possible that you purchase this hotel and it's not the Sheraton mentioned above, and if you're not happy with the hotel you receive then you could, as you phrase it, "lose", as both Priceline and Hotwire purchases are non-refundable. (as well, you could 'lose' if your plans change and you don't take this trip, but that's why we only recommend purchasing when you know your plans are firm)

Hopefully the above answers your questions, but if not, please feel free to ask more as we're happy to help.

We do ask that if you decide to book you use THIS LINK to do so and that you follow-up your post with your results (whatever you decide to do for this trip... even if it's not Priceline or Hotwire).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. I thought that was how it worked. Voya suggested that I make a cancel type reservation somewhere. I may do that tomorrow. My question: Are these offers available/better as time goes on? Or, . . do they decrease in nature as time goes on? Are there better last minute (two weeks before or so) that come up? I know I am asking a lot of questions, but that is how one learns.

Is the Sheraton New York a winner? Reviews look good on tripadvisor.

We encourage questions here, so ask as many as you need in order to feel comfortable moving forward with your purchase.

There is no definate answer as to biddng early or late... prices could come down, but then again the hotel (and price) that you're happy with could disappear entirely (can't find the thread right now, but just the other day a user saw what was believed to be the Westin Essex House for $176, they decided to sleep on it and the next day it was gone and replaced with another hotel at $289! :) )

There is further discussion, including my own thoughts, in this thread: SHOULD I BID EARLY or LATE TO ARRIVAL? (it's geared towards Priceline, but same theory applies to Hotwire).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Another question that I have is regarding number of beds. I am plugging in 2 adults and one child, so that I can get two beds. I don't want to sleep with my teenage son. If I should decide to go the Hotwire route, will I have two beds. A sleeper sofa would even work, but not preferred. I would hate to get a room with one bed and be locked into it because I went this route.

I pulled this directly from Hotwire's Hotel Customer Care page........

"Q: How many beds are in the lodgings?

A: All rooms booked on Hotwire will accommodate the appropriate number of guests in each room, based on the total number of guests you provided and the number of rooms you requested. While we cannot guarantee the number of beds in a property room, some properties may offer pull-out couches or cots. If you have specific needs, please contact the property directly. Our partners will do their best to make your stay as comfortable as possible."

• 3 weeks later...

Just checked in with Hotwire for the above dates. They are showing two new places that I don't think I saw earlier this week. One is a 4* at $206. The other is 3 1/2 * at $174. Both in midtown central. What is your guess on these places. I would love to use priceline as the trip gets closer, but need non-smoking. Best to use hotwire. I am watching carefully and will need your help. Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]