Hotwire Hotel: 4* Orlando (LBV-Downtown Disney) Buena Vista Palace Resort

drita8
By drita8,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

With PRICELINE there is no way to select a hotel which has water parks, childrens activities, and/or pools of a certain calibur. You can try looking at the hotel which have been reported to the board via PRICELINE, by looking in the Priceline Hotel list, but there is no assurance you'll receive a particular hotel nor one of the hotels that is already on the listed there (ie- you could be the first to report a new hotel to the board) As well, PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, and while this area is used to accomodating families, there is still a risk that you could receie a hotel with only one bed. The risk here is much lower than in a large city location with notoriously small rooms such as NYC, but it's still a risk u need to at least be aware of.

HOTWIRE on the other hand does list the amenities associated with the hotel before your purchase... some amenity icons include Pool and Childrens Activities, so at the very least you can look for those. As well, based upon the amenities shown before your purchase, you can often take an educated guess as to the property you may be likely to receive... thereby determining if the property you think is offered will work for your needs. Lastly, HOTWIRE allows you to search for up to quad occupancy, which eliminates the risk mentioned above.

What is your maximum budget? (per nite before fees and taxes for this stay)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for detailed advice. I am having fun to see that somebody is there for real and answering our questions. My budget is up to $70/night. We are staying 3 /N in Calypso Cay.Now adding 2/N more. Our budget allows us to go one day to the parks. We thought to find a good resort to stay and enjoy there without having to go to the parks. I,ll do the research you advised. I am thinking my initial bid $67. I"ll use your links and keep you updated. I got via email from hotwire $62 LBV. 4* hotel. The site is closed I am waiting to check for amnemities :) l

I'm not sure if it is unethical or out of line for me to suggest this.....but you should take a look at vrbo.com. The owners rent out their vaction homes, resort condos etc..........you could get something there within your budget and know exactly what you are getting.....you could even probably find something in the 3BR range for 70$ per.

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/f...-disney-orlando

Please keep us updated on what you decide and please ask if you have further questions.

Using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your input. I am exited.Using your HOTWIRE link I got my bid on Saturday feb 20 for $83. For March31- aprill 1." The Buena Vista Palace." It says 57% savings. Reg. price $193. Is posted as 4* Lake Buena Vista- Dawntown Disney area hotel. Is posted 80% customr rewievs recomended this hotel.When I clicked on "details" says 4.5 C. satisfaction. Like cleanlines ,C.service etc. they were all 4.5. This 2 ratings made me think is a good hotel as I compared w/other hotels.

Hotel amenities listed:

Resort, fitnes cntr, pools, restourants, Buisiness cntr., high speed internet, spa.

After I booked it shows also: Dining, Kids activities (I got lucky thats what I was looking for). Shutle and benefits of Disney hotel.

I just loked the price now lowered to $79. I called to make sure we have 2 queen beds instead of King since we are 4 people 2 adults 2 children. Their response was: You will get either King or Queen. Since you booked w/3rd party no changes can be made. He did tell me though they could acomodate us at check in,- no guarantee. I got resort wiev I asked if I can upgrade to a Disney wiew, they couldnt make that change iether. At his recomondation I cheked w/ Hotwire they do no changes either.

I am planing to go at check in w/big smile and be as pleasant hopefully that will help. Perhaps I'll have handy a nice chocolate boxs too. I"ll update upon my Rt.

I'm not sure if it is unethical or out of line for me to suggest this.....but you should take a look at vrbo.com. The owners rent out their vaction homes, resort condos etc..........you could get something there within your budget and know exactly what you are getting.....you could even probably find something in the 3BR range for 70$ per.

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/f...-disney-orlando

Thanks. I got mad @ you. (just jocking). I spent many hours @ that website like a kid in a candy store. I liked Regal Palms. Was booked for now mayebe for summer.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and please ask if you have further questions.

Using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches is greatly appreciated.

How to update my hotel info? Should I click on "Qoute", "add reply" or "New Topic. I dont think I did it right bec. my update comes under the same old title. I wanted my first words to show as I got my bid not as Quote to Aron. I nedd some basic knowledge I hope I am not asking to much.

How to open "my new replies? I clicked on "send to my inbox" I thought they would go to my email, it didnt.

#rd questions can you identify 4* condo $94 Sea world I Drive South area Condo. Amenities: condo, Resort 1 br., nonsm. P., AC. in room lounry, childrens activities.

Thanks. Sory for the long list of questions.

How to update my hotel info? Should I click on "Qoute", "add reply" or "New Topic. I dont think I did it right bec. my update comes under the same old title. I wanted my first words to show as I got my bid not as Quote to Aron. I nedd some basic knowledge I hope I am not asking to much.
You could click the ADD REPLY button on the lower right corner of the board. Using the "REPLY button at the bottom right of this frame quotes the previous post.
How to open "my new replies? I clicked on "send to my inbox" I thought they would go to my email, it didnt.
Not certain what you're asking here, but if you click your name (top left corner of the board when logged-in) you will be taken to your profile page where you can then use the TOPICS / POSTS tabs to view your last 5 entries of each (TOPICS are threads which you have started, POSTS are replies to any existing threads)
3rd questions can you identify 4* condo $94 Sea world I Drive South area Condo. Amenities: condo, Resort 1 br., nonsm. P., AC. in room lounry, childrens activities.
If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the CONTINUE button next to this offering and then click the "See all " link on top of the icons, do you see more amenities than what you've listed above?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

4* The Buena Vista Palace-Lake Buena Vista Dawntown Disney area hotel.$83.Dates 3/30-4/1.Used your HOTWIRE links.Hotel amenities;

R-Resort

Fitness Cntr.

Pools

Restourants

Bussines cntr.

High speed Internet.

Spa

After booking it shows these aditional anemities;

Dining

Kids activities (I got lycky thats what I was loking for)

Disney parks Benefits and

Disney shuttle.

I called after booking @ the hotel. I wanted to see I got 2 Quenn beds not A King to sleep 4 of us. Kindly I was told could be either and no changes could be made. If nedd too maybe @ check in. They could do no changes like upgrade the room to a Disney view.

I am very exited I got a great deal for that beautiful high rise hotel so close next door to Disney w/ such a magnificent wiews.I am lloking forward to enjoy this resort w/ my family.

Its listed as 80% C.recomended this hotel and 4.5% C. satisfaction. I think that should be a good hotel. Let you know when Ill be back.

P.S. any advice at check in what is my best way of aproch. to have a KG. sieze bed and an upgrade to Disney wiew.

Congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your result with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to book this :)

Thois is a nice hotel woth a good location.

Enjoy your stay and have fun with Mickey!

Yellowdog.

P.S. any advice at check in what is my best way of aproch. to have a KG. sieze bed and an upgrade to Disney wiew.

The best thing you can do is ask in a polite way. You're going to stay there at a busy time so you might ask if they have an upgrade for a "smaller fee" if you feel you're getting an answer that is negative.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]