Hotwire Hotel: San Diego hotels

liveinhotels
By liveinhotels,
in

We've been living in hotels since we sold our house in August of 2004. We book through Hotwire at least 4 nights a week. I am thrilled to find this site. I've been keeping my own chart of hotels and it's great to find a place to share info. Here are a few hotels that are not on the list or are not categorized and confirmed:

San Diego (Mission Valley)

3.5* Radisson

Customer Favorite

Shuttle, restaurant, pool, fitness, internet, business center, laundry

(This hotel also came up one time with all the same info but without the internet listed)

We booked for $65 per night.

The Holiday Inn Select in Hotel Circle is listed as 3.5* but it came up for us as 3*.

San Diego (Downtown)

3* Staybridge Suites

Fitness

(This hotel came up one time listing the amenities as: suite, fitness, kitchen, internet, business center, laundry, but has now reverted back to just fitness. The other amenity listing was more accurate. I love the full size refrigerators in their rooms. They also have free breakfast each morning, free cocktails in the evening, and even a free barbecue on the rooftop deck some evenings. The only drawback is that it's on the outskirts of the downtown, but still within walking distance, in an area that's a little run down. It's an old hotel that has been completely renovated, but they kept the art deco lobby. Very cool!) (And did you know that self-serve laundry is FREE at Staybridge Suites hotels!)

We've paid $55 to $68 per night.

4* Hilton (right next to the new ballpark)

Restaurant, pool, fitness, business center, tennis (one time tennis came up and the next time it was missing)

San Diego (Sea World, Mission Bay, Shelter Island)

3* Shelter Pointe Resort

Beach, restaurant, pool, fitness, bus center, laundry, spa

We paid $87.

You show the Hyatt Regency Islandia under the San Diego (Coastal) area, but it came up for me under (Sea World, Mission Bay, Shelter Island) in December. They changed the area names and boundaries at the end of last year and perhaps it was moved.

4* Hilton Mission Bay

Restaurant, pool, fitness, business center, tennis

San Diego (Mira Mesa)

3* Staybridge Suites Mira Mesa

Pool, fitness, coffee, kitchen, bus center, laundry

We paid $90.

San Diego (North-Poway-Rancho Bernardo)

3* Radisson Suites

Suite, restaurant, pool, fitness, internet, laundry

We paid $96.

3* Four Points by Sheraton

Restaurant, pool, fitness

We paid $68.

San Diego (Kearny Mesa-Stadium Area)

3* Holiday Inn Murphy Canyon

Restaurant, pool, fitness, laundry

(This is where I am typing this e-mail.)

Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

There are lots of good deals for off-season rates during the winter. For just over $100 our favorite waterfront properties have been Paradise Point Resort, Hilton Mission Bay, and Loews Coronado. All were absolutely wonderful, and all are in resort type areas. For a downtown hotel, this week we're at the Westin Horton Plaza for $93 a night. It's beautiful and in a perfect downtown location right by the Gaslamp District and Horton Plaza. We've also stayed at the Hilton Downtown for about $75. It's also beautiful and in a great location, but doesn't seem to be available very often. Unfortunately, all of these come with hefty nightly parking rates.

If you're looking for something a little cheaper, we really like the Doubletree in Mission Valley. It is usually available for $76 a night, and is in a really nice neighborhood about 10 miles from downtown, and we've always been able to find free parking on the street. If you're not really a city lover, this is a really nice alternative. It's right on the freeway, but not in the middle of downtown traffic and parking hassles. The Sheraton Mission Valley is in the same general location and is also really nice.

If you want something even cheaper, the Hampton Inn in Kearny Mesa is brand new so it's in good shape and is usually only $47 a night.

If there's a certain area you're looking for, let me know and I'll be happy to give more info.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]