Priceline Hotel: 3* San Francisco (Fishermans Wharf) Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf

steph44w
By steph44w,
in

I'm new to PRICELINE and this website.

I'd like some bidding recomendations for the Chancellor 5/15-5/18. Willing to pay up to $100/night.

I've done extensive research on hotels in San Francisco and even though I probably could get a 4* hotel for a good price, it seems to me like the big name hotels don't get such good reviews. I'm not interested in amenities like pool or fitness center or business center and I understand that amenities play a big role in rating hotels. That being said I think I would rather stay at the Chancellor or Sir Francis Drake. Any game plans appreciated.

If you need help with a bidding strategy feel free to ask. Either way, just continue this thread, and if you ultimately use PRICELINE we'll them move the entire thread to that section of the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I will use PRICELINE. I would like a 4* in either USE or USW. Which area is better? I see that there are many 4* in USW, but that they may be close to the tenderlion. Or should I bid for USE where there is only 2 on the list now (Westin St Francis & Grand Hyatt). I know they could add another hotel at anytime, but is there other 4* around USE that haven't made the list yet? I guess these are questions for a local.

I would like a 4* in either USE or USW. Which area is better? I see that there are many 4* in USW, but that they may be close to the tenderlion. Or should I bid for USE where there is only 2 on the list now (Westin St Francis & Grand Hyatt). I know they could add another hotel at anytime, but is there other 4* around USE that haven't made the list yet? I would like to be close to transportation. I guess these are questions for a local.

Dates are 5/15/-5/18 willing to pay up to $100

I know they could add another hotel at anytime, but is there other 4* around USE that haven't made the list yet?
New hotels can be added to the list at any time, or a 3.5* could be upgraded to 4*. The Campton Place is a 4* in USE that's never been reported on Priceline before.
I would like a 4* in either USE or USW. Which area is better?
There's no correct answer to this. Both zones have their advocates. Whether you stay in USE or USW you'll be visiting the other. They're across the street from each other.

The lower priced 4* are often in USW. You might get a 4* in USW for $70 when the lowest price 4* in USE is $95.

But if you prefer USE you could bid up to your $100 limit there first, then if unsuccessful bid up to $100 in USW. Or do you want the least expensive 4* that's available in either USW or USE?

---------

One other thought. Initially you said you wated the Francis Drake or Chancellor. Drake is a 3.5* in USE and Chancellor is a 3* in USE. If you want to at least have a chance at winning Drake or Chancellor could bid for 3.5* or 3* in USE first, then if unsuccessful, try for 4* in USE or USW. If you bid 4* first you have no chance at those hotels as Priceline never downgrades a bid.

p.s. a moderator will merge this with your other SF thread. Please keep all posts for this stay in one thread.

I recently bid on PRICELINE target: San Francisco USE 4*.

I used up all my dummy zones that don't contain 4* and still haven't got my bid accepted. Can I start a whole new bid in the future?

Which zone(s) did you select? How high did you bid? What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Which zone(s) did you select? How high did you bid? What is your maximum bid for this stay?

USE 4* $65

added South San Francisco $75

added Fisherman's Warf $80

added Marina-Lombard $87

added SFO North $93

added Civic Center $96

I'd like to get it for $100/night, but now I think I will broaden my target to include another area. Can I start a whole new bid?

You can start a whole new bid before 24 hours w/other zones. If you bid USW w/rebid zones, I think you will be successful.

You could also try Embarcadero as another new bid, then start w/USE & USW together. If you do this, you might have to wait another 24 hours from that point to bid just USE; I' m not sure.

Since you're adding another zone, SOMA, you don't have to wait 24 hours to try again.

You could try something like this:

$65/4* SOMA

$70/4* SOMA + USE

Then add your five free rebids one at a time, going up $5 with each, to $95.

Alternately you could try bidding for a 3.5* in your preferred zone, USE.

Using your previous bidding as an example, your bidding sequence would look like this:

SOMA 4* $65

add USE $70

add South San Francisco $75

add Fisherman's Warf $80

add Marina-Lombard $85

add SFO North $90

add Civic Center $95

... or whatever dollar amounts you choose.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

That being said I think I would rather stay at the Chancellor or Sir Francis Drake.

Are you still interested in the 3.5* Sir Francis Drake? Someone else won Francis Drake for $69 a few days ago for different dates than yours. What about bidding for a 3.5* in USE? (Marriott Union Square is another USE 3.5* that could come up too.)

Congratulations on your success!

While not your preferred zone, hope this still works well for your plans and you're happy with the deal received given the higher than usual demand in the city.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]