Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency

Prof
By Prof,
in

Dear Thereuare

Please help with bidding strategy. We need one night on 2/11, preferably close to Teaneck (within 15 miles). We have to be in a meeting on 2/12 (11 to 3) so we want to reach 2/11 to catch a broadway show. We live four hours driving distance so we can drive back on 2/12.

So we need a hotel with convenient connection subway (or bus) to Manhattan. Based on reviews, the Hudson Hyatt or the Doubletree in Newark - Meadowlands (Jersey City) seem to work fine. The other two hotels in that zone Courtyard and Candlewood also seem fine. We want to be $60 or less ($37 for the Hyatt Hudson is very attractive).

Thanks for all your help last time.

Prof

The Hyatt is going for $76 on hotwire. From what I have been able to figure out is when hotwire has the Hyatt for this price you can bid low and get the Hyatt. Also if your bid is not accepted I have used the Summit area as a free rebid on a three star hotel. From what I gather there is only a four star hotel in Summit. It is the Grand Summit Hotel. I have yet to get accepted there when using the area as a free rebid for the Hyatt in Jersey City. I hope this is of help to you.

Prof, Public transportation to NYC from Secaucus is via the bus. If you want the Subway, the Hyatt in Jersey City is right next to the PATH station that will drop you off at 33rd St. and 6th Ave. Parking at the Hyatt is $15.00 and about a block away, but if you can snag this hotel for the $37.00 rate, you will have an easier time getting into the City, and being not too far from Teaneck. Good Luck!

Police423, here is a recent post where the Hyatt was not available with HOTWIRE rates being around a similar price as they are for these dates. Also, there are no 4* hotels in the Summit area (only 2* and 3*) and although this zone may have higher rates than the Jersey City zone, that is subject to change, and i wouldn't recommend somebody use it as a pseudo re-bid zone unless they were willing to stay in that zone as well.

Prof,

The Jersey City area is infinately better than the Secaucus/Meadowlands/North Bergen area for commuting into NYC. The second isn't necessarily bad, and is a good alternative if you fail in Jersey City, but I would suggest waiting and trying again Jersey City again in 72 hours (you're locked out of bidding again now due to your previous 3* bid).

I would bid $55 and then report back as to your success or failure and we'll take it from there.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]