Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Hollywood) W Hotel Hollywood

jessgirl1010
By jessgirl1010,
in

I am looking for a hotel in Hollywood on February 19 or 20th. I am flexible between those 2 dates. I have bid on both seperately starting at $100 since yesterday and went up to $115 and still was rejected. Should I just keep trying for the same amount or go up each day? I dont care what 4 * hotel I get. I am figuring it will be the Roosevelt but it doesn't matter.

What are the W and Roosevelt rates for those two dates? Check the dates one at a time to see if one date is more expensive than the other.

Does Hotwire offer a Hollywood 4* for those dates? What's the rate, again checking the two days separately.

Those rates will give guidance whether you're bidding at realistic levels.

Honestly, the only reason why are are going for one of those nights is because we are checking out places for my friends bachelorette party in march. I dont want to go much higher then $130 or we can just do a 3*. I would love to get the roosevelt and see how it is becasue we chose the W for March over the Roosevelt and I wanted to check it out. In march we have 15 girls coming in and they gave us a good rate so its a lot harder to bid for that many people.

At the 4* level you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select Hollywood...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $122, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130

Any questions feel free to ask. If the above is rejected let us know if you next want to try for a 3.5* or a 3* and what your maximum bid would be.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much for the info! I will try today and let you know how it goes. I just checked which areas dont offer the 4* and feel confident with rebidding and today its showing the 4* is the best deal where the past few days it was showing the 3* as the best deal so hopefully today is my day.

I will let you know what happens.

The W's been a popular purchase since HOTWIRE began offering it a few weeks ago, but you're the first to report winning it on PRICELINE, jessgirl1010. Congratulations...even though you wanted the Roosevelt.

Hotwire is still offering the W for $188 on 2/20.

Other bidders should keep in mind that bidding $122 on Priceline doesn't guarantee the W Hotel. Roosevelt or some other hotel could come up too.

(Can a mod please move this thread to the Priceline section?)

• 4 weeks later...

I am looking to book W Hotel Hollywood as well. This will be my first time booking through priceline. I was wondering what room you guys got from Priceline? We have 4 people so we would prefer 2 double / queen beds. I'm not sure how flexible it is to bid on a room with two beds. The room with two beds on their website is like $350 / night [although I haven't tried looking at possible discounts]

Matt, Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Please start a new thread for your stay, and let us know more information (date/s of travel, desired budget per night). Additionally, PRICELINE only guarantees 1 bed/double occupancy - HOTWIRE is a better choice for this stay, as you can enter the amount of people in the party.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hey! Once I got the W, I just called them and asked for 2 queens instead of the king. They were totally cool with it and since i was a "starwood" member they "upgraded me" which... hey we are all in sales, it sounds real nice but it wasnt an upgrade,but we got 2 queens. I wouldnt mention you have 4 people in your room when you call though, they will want to charge you for additional poeple. I am staying there this weekend. I was able to get a rate of $165 for 3 rooms, and 215 for the 4th room through them directly. However, I was very tempted to bid on PRICELINE since I got it for $122 before. I know they only want 2 in a room though because when i said there would be 4 per room, the rate jumped up, so i said ok well im going to lie then, the reservations girl laughed and just said to be careful. I am not worried about it. The only thing about bidding is you may get the Rooesevelt which i personally have a fondness for. They are a lot more laid back and arent looking to charge you for every little thing. Their brand new club is opening at the W this weekend, however, so I am very excited:) Its for my friends bachelorette party so she got to choose where we stay. GOod luck!

Def try the rebidding strategy that they recommneded to me. You can add locations that don't have a 4 star hotel and it's like rebidding right away for the hollywood location because they can't give you lower than a 4 star. Example..Lawndale does not have a 4 star hotel. That is how I landed the rate of $122. I added 2 other territories that did not have a 4 star so i was able to re-bid right away.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]