Priceline Hotel: 3* Trumbull-Milford (Trumbul-Shelton) Residence Inn Shelton

relaxing41
By relaxing41,
in

On 2/7 i bid $45 for 2/8 and rec'd a message that it would be accepted if I increased the bid by $13 I decided to decline and purchased something else which you can find in a different thread for 2/8 -2/9 in milford.

Today I bid as follows:

First bid of $47 for 2/9/2010 was rejected

second bid of $50 for 2/9-2/11 (2 Nights) rejected

third bid of $50 for 2/10-2/11 accepted

tried to extend the stay and add the day of 2/9 but it was rejected at the $50 price again. I didn't want to bid too high and end up getting the Marriott in Trumbull as I was looking for a place that had breakfast included.

I tried to then extend the stay for the next night of the 2/11-2/12 but it doesn't let you try again. I guess I will have to rebid for that date.

If I bid 50 for 2 nights the total would have been $120 but since I did it separately the $50 plus tax and fees of $13.70 total was $63.70 I would have saved over $7.00 if I got the two nights together at the same rate. I was offered to purchase at the "going rate" which was advertised at $99. When pressing that option though the price went up to $139. so I did not accept that either.

Overall I am happy with this hotel win as I like staying at this Residence Inn and and only won it one other time and only did so by bidding one month in advance. It is good to see that the Hilton Garden Inn is not getting all the Thursday-Sunday business as they have done in the past.

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $50.00

Subtotal: $50.00

Taxes & Fees: $13.70

Total Charges*: $63.70

*Prices are in US dollars. (two nights total with taxes and fees is $120.00 approx.)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and looking forward to your return visit to this property.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]