Hotwire Hotel: 2* DC (South of Mall) Capitol Hill Suites

charliemikeoscar
By charliemikeoscar,
in

Hi! Please help me identify the 2* SUITE hotel listed as "South of the Mall" in Washington DC for $55.00/night. The map shows it off I-395, near D Street SW, Canal Street SW and Capitol Street SE. I thought I had it pegged as Capitol Hill Suites but that looks to be more East. On maps that show The Mall, there is a "circle" of roads just north of Independence Avenue and this is South-southwest of that (whereas Capiol Hill Suites is southeast). Please advise ASAP. My brother is getting married!!! And we really need to make prudent choices --- a suite would certainly help us cut costs so we could stay an extra few days to enjoy the museums and such. Brother lives off Army Navy Drive near the Pentagon. Any suggestions, if not this one? THANK YOU!!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please include/provide the date(s) of your stay.

I'll also add that this is not a typical 'suite' that you may be picturing... it will more so be a budget type hotel that has a 'half wall partition' between the sleeping area and the desk area... not some full blown suite with separate rooms.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Suite icon wouldn't guarantee a kitchenette, but the kitchenette icon would (although technically this could be as little as a microwave in the room)... and a search i did for your dates does show a 2* suite property which also includes the Kitchenette icon (full list: Suite, Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Kitchenette, Laundry Facilities)

This hotel has not yet been identified, but the Capitol Suite does appear to be in this zone and that would also be my best guess as to this hotel's identification.

Please use our LINK should you decide to book this (and of course let us know how it turns out).

Let us know how it goes and/or if we can be of any additional assistance.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yep, it is Capitol Hill Suites. Got it for $55/night. Everyone elses website (lodging.com, Travelocity, Expedia, etc. had them at $150+/night!!! They are so close to everything we want to see ... and with small children it will be nice to be able to break for naps without disrupting the whole day! Used your link too --- thanks! BTW, do you folks know about Restaurant.com --- I bought a discount ticket on eBay which allows me to buy unlimited $25.00 gift certificates for $5.00 ---- we're going to eat CHEAP!!!!! God bless you all.

• 4 weeks later...

CMO,

Welcome to our nation's capital and enjoy your stay. You mentioned you have little ones that may need nap time... Depending upon the ages, there is a great "hands-on" museum run by the Smithsonian called the National Postal Museum. This musuem is not well know but is a delight to youngsters as well as parents and the best part is that it, along with all other portions of the Smithsonian, is FREE! The location is on the corner of the block adjacent to DC's Union Station (AMTRAK as well as Metro) station. If you take the metro in to Union Station, exit the front at ground

level and you are facing the US Capitol. Turn to the right and the Postal Museum is on the very next corner. Your hotel is less than a block from a metro stop, and is on the opporsite side of the US Capitol building from Union Station. Depending upon how much you plan to travel you can get an unlimited day pass on the Metro for $6.50.

Make sure you let your US Representative or US Senator know you are coming to DC and most of them welcome visits to their Office Building. There are also other benefits such as Congressional reserved tours of the White House but these must be arranged quite a bit in advance and are based upon availabilty. Click here to find your Senator... US Senate and other info on visiting the capitol.

Many attractions in DC are on a timed basis,

Washington Monument, Holocost Museum, White House, Bureau of Printing and Engraving (what I mean is you show up early in the morning, they give you a ticket for a certain time of day, and you return for the tour at that time. This can be quite a challenge if you are here for a short stay and are juggling little ones. Of course many of the buildings around the National Mall don't require tickets and are first come first served such as the Smithsonian's, the National Archives, etc... And as always, gawking at the monuments is free and should be viewed both day and night.

Regards, Keoni :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]