Hotwire Hotel: Help needed identifying San Diego hotel

Travelling
By Travelling,
in

Amenities:

Restaurant, Pool, Fitness Center, Business Center

This is in the Downtown - Harbor Island zone of the city.

Any ideas about this one?

I would be tempted to bid on Priceline but we are trying to find somewhere close to the Gaslamp District and there's one hotel at the 4* level (the Sheraton) that's some way from here. It's a risk but I don't think we'd be overly disappointed if that came up.

How many people will be staying in the room? I think you can do better in this zone with Price line and avoid the Sheraton by keeping your bid below $85 per night. You have about 7 rebids in this area when bidding 4*. The lowest winning bid we usualy see in this zone for 4* is about $69.

Just a comment from a newcomer:

Hotwire shows a 4* for April 28 and check out for May 2 for two rooms at $92 as of today. If you go to packages for hotel and car , hotwire identifies the 4* hotels downtown as either the Manchester Grand Hyatt or the Omni.

My guess would be the Manchester which gets excellent reviews. Hope this might help and would appreciate your letting us know how you make out as I am interested in going there shortly after.

Thanks all for your thoughts. I thought this one may be a tough one to spot given we only have 4 amenity icons which are pretty general at the 4* level.

There would be 4 people altogether, so 2 to a room. Our main priority is probably to try and find a place near the Gaslamp District. The star rating is not key but it seems there are good chances of getting our location at the 4* star level with Priceline or Hotwire.

Thank you for the tip about reducing our chances of getting the Sheraton on Priceline by keeping the bids lower than $85. That's a handy tactic I hadn't thought of.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]