Priceline Hotel: 3* Long Island-Suffolk (Islandia-ISP) Hyatt WW

happens31
By happens31,
in

I'm not so sure you will be successful at $48. Do you have a back-up reservation someplace at that price, it just seems like an odd number to choose.

If you don't have a back-up, what will you do if not successful with Priceline... this area is usually somewhat expensive.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please clarify... you're maximum is $55 for the first round of bidding?

You do realize just how far Newark is from ISP (or were you going to choose the airport based upon where you could win a hotel... if this is the case, what is the difference in flight costs between the two airports?)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm still not following you... is $50 your maximum bid or is that where you intend to start (sorry, it's so late over here it's early)

I understand your desire to stay near ISP, but this can also a difficult zone... my previous question was trying to get a better feel for your plans as perhaps we can help with your best alternatives should this fail.

It always pays to have your gameplan mapped out before you start bidding, as this way it lessens the chance of you 'chasing' your bids higher.

What exactly is your scenario? <if you're willing to share it with us>

The 1* Econo Lodge in Islip is $72. You might want to consider the JFK area, closer to Islip than Newark. The travel time to get to Islip from Newark by car could be a 2 hour or more trip. I used Hotwire to stay at the Best Western JFK, and a hotel with a similar profile is available for $64. Hotwire is also showing a 3* in the Ronkonkoma-Holtsville area for $67. This may be a be a fallback if your bid is not successful at $50.00.

ok.

1. my max bid is $60

2. i made a bid on the 10th for $52 for a *2.5 and *3

and last night the 13th

3. has for my back up plans i am going to try a differrent area

in long island or just bid for a room in jersey city or

newark and make the commute back to isp in the am

4. the winning bid with the wrong dates was for $52

if my max is to low i am willing to raise the bid by a few $$$$$

when you can get a Hyatt 3* Hotel at a price lower than a 1* Econo Lodge, that is sweet!! That is BetterBidding!!!

This used to be a Wyndham and before that a Marriott. I have stayed here several times, and it is a nice property. In Islip, there is a great little restaurant called Tango Argentinian Steakhouse, very reasonable. Try the skirt steak, it is thin, and about one cubit in length (distance from tip of pinky to elbow) really good potatoes, have a Quilmes Cristal, similar to Heineken.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]