Priceline Hotel: 2* Los Angeles (Manhattan-Redondo Beach) TownePlace Suites

Colfax
By Colfax,
in

I've won the Residence Inn Manhattan Beach many times going back years, and I've been wanting to try someplace different.

This was a Saturday/Sunday night stay. The Crowne Plaza was sold out Saturday night, so I didn't think an upgrade to 3.5* would happen.

Rejected bids:

$45/3*

$45/2.5*

$40/2*

$42/2* accepted.

TownePlace Suites LAX/Manhattan Beach

14400 Aviation Blvd

Manhattan Beach, CA 90250

The TownePlace uses a Manhattan Beach address but it's actually in Hawthorne, a few blocks from the MB border near 405 and Rosecrans. It's a heavy retail area with Costco, Trader Joe's, and other big boxes nearby, and plenty of restaurants. Not a beach neighborhood.

The TownePlace is similar to a Residence Inn, but with scaled down amenities. Suites are smaller than RI's but still have a full kitchen with pots and pans and dishes for four. Housekeeping is twice a week (vs. daily at Res Inn) and the free breakfast is basic---juice, packaged pastries, cereal, and coffee (vs. full buffet with eggs, waffles, and sausage at Res Inn).

Even though 3* ResInn offers more some visitors will prefer the 2* TownePlace because the TownePlace has a lobby entrance and interior corridors. The Residence Inn is motel style with exterior doors facing the parking lot. Also the TownePlace is a much newer hotel than ResInn.

The Metro train passes right in front of the TownePlace and my room faced the train. It's a quiet train though and didn't disturb me.

Bids placed through the BetterBidding PRICELINE link.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]