when selecting hotwire and 4 people do you get two dbls?

whenpigsfly
By whenpigsfly,
in

I'm helping a fried get a room for his family. He wants to do one room for 4 people for cost reasons.

Itold him priceline was too much a gamble as it only guarantees room for two adults.

Hotwire however gives you an option to select 4 adults for a room. Does anyone have any experience with this as I do not.

Do they at the least have to give you two double beds or dose the possibility exist that they could give you one king with a pullout sofa.

Its for a three day stay during a higher occupancy event/period so three days on a sofa pull out could be one heck of a backache??

Any thoughts or experiences anyone could share??

Thanks

Wow that reply kind of reminds me of another board... ok it wasn't snarky lol. The Orlando post was an open ended question asking if anyone had any favorites that they have booked using hotwire or priceline in that area. We did not use hotwire or priceline for that occassion after the interaction with the moderator here and that no one did reply with specific suggestions I simply did not reply because there was no succesful bid to reply with. It seemed to reply was just wasting bandwith.

Well after calling Hotwire I was able to get the answer I needed. They cannot guaranty how many beds will be in the room but will guarantee that the hotel room will provide "appropriate acomodations" for the number of people you put in the search. When I pressed a little further asking for what "apporpriate accomodations" meant they did say that the posibility exists for the hotel to use pull out couches and cots to accomodate the number of people listed in the search for the hotel.

As a result of my discussion with the Hotwire representative my friend has decided to book conventionally since he wants to keep the family in one room.

Thanks

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]