Priceline Hotel: Resort Palm Springs (Rancho Mirage-Indian Wells-Palm Desert) Westin

JinOttawa
By JinOttawa,
in

Hotwire is showing two condos in Palm Springs - Cathedral City from March 15-20, 2010. I don't see them on the pinned list, so I am wondering if anyone has any idea. Ironically, the 2.5 star is more expensive than the 3 star.

Details are:

3* for 124 per night, with Condo, Resort, Suite, 1Br, Kitchen, Smoke Free, Free Parking, and A/C

2.5* for $173 per night with Condo, Resort, Suite, 1Br, Kitchen, Free Parking, Fitness, Pool

I usually use Priceline, but don't know of a way to bid just for a condo in that area.

Thanks

If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the CONTINUE button next to each of these offerings and then click the "See all amenities" link under the icons, do you see more amenities than what you've listed above?

Is the 2.5* at $173/nite really a viable option?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, there are more amenities, the complete list for the 3* are

Resort, Suite, 1BR, Kitchen, Smoke Free, Free Parking, A/C, Laundry in unit, Pool, Front Desk, Tennis nearby, and Condo

There are more for the 2.5* as well, but as you said, probably not a viable option, but was hoping to see if I could identify one of the two to give me an idea whether it would be acceptable.

To add another question, do you think there would be a "resort fee" added to the price after accepting. I hear that is something that happens.

Thanks again.

Unfortunately this property has not yet been identified.

While no guarantees, most HOTWIRE properties are now showing the Resort fees (if any). If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the CONTINUE button next to this offering, on the bottom right corner of the page under the "Know Before You Go" section, they will usually list resort fees, if any (i don't see any for this particular property)

If you need a Condo for this stay you could see if this property appears for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain' and determine the name of the hotel. If you're happy with the results go ahead and purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are you looking for a condo? Priceline's Name Your Own Price doesn't handle condos.

Going through VRBO or a local Palm Springs rental agency you'll find many condo options in the same price range as the HOTWIRE options you were considering and you'll know what you're renting in advance. Those listings will include photos and in some cases reviews from prior renters. Many vacation rentals are available on Craigslist too.

Tried a few days ago and ended at $72, started today at $74 for a 4* in Palm Springs and added in Indio at $77 and Rancho Mirage at $80 and got the resort. Not sure if there is a resort fee of $25 as per the website because there is no mention of it on the Priceline site other than there could be a fee. It appears the same hotel was on HOTWIRE for $96 a night and on the hotel website for $255 a night, so I am pretty happy with the price. A bit more than one posted for previous week in March but this is also the week of the tennis tournament in Indian Wells.

Details are

Westin Mission Hills Resort

Rancho Mirage-Indian Wells-Palm Desert

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $80.00

Subtotal: $400.00

Taxes & Fees: $66.25

Total Charges*: $466.25

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]