Priceline Hotel: Resort Palm Springs (Rancho Mirage-Indian Wells-Palm Desert) Westin

ROOTHEY
By ROOTHEY,
in

Hi

I'm typically a hotwire user but I would like to try Priceline

I'm looking for Mar 3-7 2010.

I have recently seen 3+* or resort hotels won as JW Marriott Desert Palms, Renaissance Esmeralda, Indian Wells Resort & Hyatt Grand Champions won on the forum.

Anyone have any tips for a first time user to get one of these 4 hotels???

Thanks

When you bid on PRICELINE there is no way to target a specific hotel in the zone.. you could receive any hotel in the zone at the minimum star rating (or higher) that you bid.

Are you willing to accept any hotel in the zone? If so, are you willing to pay more for a Resort vs. a 3* or are you looking for the least expensive 3* or better for this stay?

What is your maximum bid per nite for this trip?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi

Thanks for your response

We are looking for the palm desert/indio area which those hotels are in that have previously won.

3* or resort doesn't matter. (I have noticed though that some have nightly extra resort fees) My max bid would be $120 per night. I was hoping to start at $70 as most winners get it for around that price. I will for sure start from here if/when I feel confident enough to "name my own price"

:) Roothey

ROOTHEY,

There's a large quality gap between the Indian Wells Resort, which Priceline rates 3*, and the other hotels you mentioned, which Priceline rates "Resort".

Would you rather pay $40 + resort fee for the 3* Indian Wells (or some other 3* in the zone) or $70 + resort fee for one of the properties that Priceline rates Resort? (Prices are examples and not necessarily the exact price you'll pay.)

HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the Rancho Mirage-Palm Desert zone for ~$79/nite, and since it seems that this porperty would fit your requirements for this stay, i wouldn't bid higher than that.

To begin, with no re-bid zones but time on your side, i'd try the following:

Select 3* Rancho Mirage...

Bid $40, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Indio...

Bid $40, if rejected add Rancho Mirage...

Bid $45

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let su know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok I didn't get that you could only do one transaction per day.....which now I understand why you change the areas and star ratings. It was a good learning process and I thank you for your help

I bid

resort - rancho mirage area - $60 and was declined then a friend tried at $70 and was accepted

I got the Westin Mission Hills Palm Springs

There is a 25.00 resort fee which isn't bad b/c even a 1 * motel in that area is around $100 /night(posted price)

So I'm happy. I will try it again if I need to and I used this PRICELINE link!

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like a nice deal and glad to see you're happy with the results.

You can actually do more than one transacation per day, but you have to change some aspect of your bid (besides the price)... you can:

1) lower your star rating

2) change check-in or check-out date

3) add a new zone (this is where Priceline Re-Bidding Explained comes into play!)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding (and having your friend use our links as well)

Have a great stay!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]