Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Inland Empire (Ontario) Country Inn and Suites Ontario

gypwoo
By gypwoo,
in

I don't remember my bid history. Taxes and fees are $11.51 for a total of $47.51.

I bid on a 2.5* hotel for Ontario, CA. I won the Country Inn and Suites at $36 ($47.51 with taxes and fees) for Jan. 12, 2010. I found out that the Country Inn is now a Motel 6. They are honoring priceline reservations but not taking any new ones. I called Priceline and when I told them I didn't think that a Motel 6 was 2.5* they wanted me to prove it to them. Well I can't find any ratings as this has only been a Motel 6 for 2 weeks now.

The priceline rep called the Motel 6 and said she was told that they are 2.5*. Well I called as well, I spoke to the same person at Motel 6 and was told that he did not tell the rep that they are a 2.5* hotel. He told her that they were previously a 2.5* hotel. Priceline insists that this is a 2.5* hotel and will not do anything to change it. I even told them that I was only saving $2.76 over the Motel 6 rate. They told me I am saving over $40, I asked them what is the name of the hotel they are showing. It still shows Country Inn. So no, I am not saving $40 by staying at a Motel 6.

Anyhow, they said they are escalating my complaint and I should hear from a rep within 24 hours. Any advice on how to proceed? If the Country Inn became a comparable hotel than I would be fine with that. I just don't see a Motel 6 being 2.5*.

Thanks.

Any advice on how to proceed? If the Country Inn became a comparable hotel than I would be fine with that. I just don't see a Motel 6 being 2.5*.
I've confirmed the Country Inn on Vineyard is now a Motel 6. (There's another Country Inn in Ontario that's still a CI.)

Priceline's website describes a 2.5* hotel as follows:

Priceline's 2

I did verify that this location is now a Motel 6 and fittingly so. It certainly did not measure up as a 2.5* hotel as I have reported in previous posts. Please let us know how Priceline handles this issue.

If you can get out of this deal, take it. There are much better options in the area. Check out my other posts for Ontario area for more information.

For the rest of us who bid the Ontario area, this is good news, or will be once this place is removed from the system. Prior to this news, I would not bid 2.5* in Ontario for fear of getting this hotel. This eliminated a couple of 2.5* hotel options that are very nice including the newish and very stylish Holiday Inn Express.

Prior to this news, I would not bid 2.5* in Ontario for fear of getting this hotel. This eliminated a couple of 2.5* hotel options that are very nice including the newish and very stylish Holiday Inn Express.

Yes, 2.5* is a good option in Ontario again. In addition to HIE there are four Ayres hotels in Ontario, all 2.5* on Priceline, and the other Country Inn (the one that's not Motel 6 now) is also 2.5* and it's the #2 rated hotel in Ontario on TripAdvisor.

But with 3.5* or 3* hotels almost always available for $35-40 in Ontario we probably won't see a lot of 2.5* bidding anyhow.

I called Priceline again and was told there was a note in their system saying that I should be receiving an email in 3-5 days regarding the issue. I read their own description of a 2.5* to the rep. She says that sometime 2.5* do not offer all the amenities listed and that they have no control of the amenities offered. I told her that their own website says it will feature a breakfast option. I told her that they are misleading customers with their star ratings. She just kept on repeating the same thing. I asked her to add what I told her about breakfast to the note.

Unfortunately I leave today on my trip and now am not sure what do to. I won't have any easy internet access while gone. (Wish I had an iphone!) I need a hotel for that night as I get back into Ontario late and don't want to drive home until morning. I guess I will book Hotwire for a hotel.

Thanks for your help. I will update when I get back.

Priceline ended up refunding my money. It took about 5 phone calls. I use Priceline a lot for trips to Disneyland and have never had any problems. I always thought it was a great deal. I've recommended it to lots of people as well. It just makes it frustrating that they are so difficult in resolving somthing that I thought was so obvious.

Anyhow, as I stated previously I still needed a room. I checked Hotwire and their prices were $49 for a 3*. I ended up using Priceline again, even after all the hassle. It still is a great deal (if you don't get Motel 6 :) )! I checked out the previous posts by wsj3200. Thanks. I ended up getting the 3.5* Marriot for the same price $36. I don't care about paying extra for parking, $12 more to stay at the Marriot vs. Motel 6 is worth it to me. I will post my new win. Thanks again!

wsj3200,

I don't think Motel 6 participates in Name Your Own Price. I've never seen one reported anyhow. Maybe thereuare can confirm.

gypwoo,

Glad you got it worked out.

Sometimes you have to talk to a few different customer service reps or take things up the line before you find someone who gets it.

I was confident you'd prevail though. Priceline's usually good about refunding when a hotel gets downgraded after purchase but prior to stay---even if there's no brand change like this time.

Enjoy the Marriott!

I don't think we've ever seen a Motel 6 reported to the board, although there have been a handful of Super 8 properties reported in some areas (i realize these are different brands but there is sometimes confusion between the two, so i've added this for clarity for future users)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]