car rental insurance question...

thesqueegeekid
By thesqueegeekid,
in

Has anyone had a problem using there own credit card's insurance coverage on a Priceline reservation?

The reason I am curious is because, Priceline does not provide the rental company with our CC info ... and by just presenting the CC at check-in to get swiped, does that automatically cover us?

I called the 1-800's for AVIS and Budget about this and from both, I got the .... "hmmmm interesting question, I am not sure, you'll have to call the location directly".

I than called the counter at PHX and the person said "it seems like it should"....?????

Go to Priceline>>HELP>>Car Rentals and search for "insurance". From there a link will say "Does my rental come with insurance." Clicking that currently reveals:

Visa, MasterCard and American Express will apply the same coverage for rentals made through our site as they would for rentals made directly through the rental car companies. Check with your credit card provider to determine whether you're covered and, if so, to what extent

Best policy though is to check something like this directly with your credit card company, as each may have a different policy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Priceline does not pass on our CC info to the rental car company, but you always have a record of having paid for the car rental on your CC statements.

I once had a question about Trip Cancellation Insurance and wanted to make sure my Priceline purchases were covered. I called my CC company and they were a bit confused about what I was asking at first, but then I twigged... they just weren't that familiar with Priceline!

Finally, they said, "Oh, it's just purchasing through a 3rd party, but it's always prepaid!" They said it was no different than purchasing through a Travel Agent, which would always be covered (as long as I paid for some or all of the travel with that CC).

So, if you call your CC company and they seem confused, just ask about prepaid rentals through a 3rd party or travel agent.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]