Priceline Hotel: 3* Baltimore (Airport BWI) Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport

gr8aunt
By gr8aunt,
in

Priceline shows the following 3 areas in Baltimore North:

#1) Baltimore North/White Marsh

#2) Hunt Valley/Timonium

#3) Towson

I would like to stay at the Marriott Hunt Valley Inn which is listed on Better Bidding's hotel list as a 3.5* property. Yet, when I click on the #2 area it does NOT list a 3.5* option. Is the Hunt Valley Inn no longer considered to be a 3.5 star property for Priceline's name your own price? Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

The Marriott used to be listed as a 3.5 on priceline but they have changed the rating to a 3* as they no longer have any 3.5* hotels in the Hunt Valley/Timonium zone. Be careful bidding 3* in the Hunt Valley/Timonium zone as the Crown Plaza in Timonium is classified as a 3* and that hotel is a bit run down/tired. I would bid 3.5 in Towson and try to the get the Sheraton for $52/night. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

I want to bid on an airport hotel for the evening our flight arrives. It's a late flight and is scheduled to land at 11:30PM. If I bid for that day (1/22/10) will there be a problem checking in since I won't actually be arriving till after midnight, and that makes it the next day (1/23/10)?

Give the hotel a call and let them know that you'll be arriving after midnite. It's seldom an issue, but calling advance should minimize any chance they consider you a 'no show' and release your room (or re-sell it if it's very busy nite in the area). If this is a high demand time in the area and you expect the hotel and many others in town to be sold-out, you could even call on the day of arrival and ask them to check you in over the phone by supplying your credit card, but for the most part this is 'overkill' and not really necessary under normal circumstances.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

If we can be of help with a suggested bidding strategy feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]