Priceline Hotel: Graves 601 bid direct

mathprincess
By mathprincess,
in

I was shopping around for a hotel in Minneapolis Dec 30-Jan 1st and Graves 601 has a "place bid" button with their reservation system. Has anyone tried this. The location of the hotel is ideal for me so I was looking at their regular rates.

QED

Please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links when you are ready to book.

A regional chain in the Pacific Northwest called Phoenix Inns and Suites used to run a similar inhouse bidding program. You submitted a bid to the hotel manager via a form on the hotel's website. The manager would respond yes/no within 24 hours, iirc. I sumbitted a bid once and never heard anything back. I just checked the Phoenix Inn website and don't see inhouse bidding offered anymore.

I can understand why Graves might try a program like this. 4* in Downtown Minneapolis are usually cheap on Priceline---$40's or $50's. Graves is a more upscale 4* and they probably don't want to discount that deep. The one time Graves has been reported on Priceline the winning bid amount was $81. With inhouse bidding Graves gets some discounted business without having to match the very low Priceline rates offered by their competition.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]