Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (Downtown-Soho-Financial District) Marriott Financial

Rookfan
By Rookfan,
in

Have time enough but after I succeeded very early for the first 5 days of our April NYC trip (as already reported in this priceline win) I tried since weeks for 3 days from Sun until Wen, with no success. Knowing that the Sun/Mon nite is not that expensive mainly in Finance District, I split my bid for Sunday only. Started a low-ball-bid with $109 and got the counter offer to raise about $22 but refused. Used the rebids, $112 and $115 not accepted but $119 was accepted ! Last I wanted was Club Quarter but fortunately got the Marriott. However to extend our stay, was only offered for $235 what I refused. As mentioned: I have time ...

Very very happy with the result and I'll try very relaxed for the next last 2 days of our stay.

Used the PRICELINE link of this great site.

Congratulations on your success and completing your plans for this stay... always a little relief when your plans are set and you can focus on other aspects of your trip.

Glad to see you avoided the property you didn't want, are happy with the results, and looking forward to your trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip... if you need any help with your NYC planning feel free to ask :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Have a great trip... if you need any help with your NYC planning feel free to ask :)

Thanks Thereuare. Our first NYC experience we had two years ago during Christmas season - awful, we loved it. We love the US as you might feel.

During that stay we enjoyed the New York Philharmonic Orchestra (Messias) and the New York Ballett (Nutcracker). We also visited the MOMA, unbelievable.

This time we have already ordered tickets for West Side Story.

If you Thereuare or you other guys had any more "must" for us NYC tourists we would appreciate your hints very much. However we need to improve our english, to follow each detail if we visited a "spoken" theatre. You often need - just to catch the jokes ...

We'll stay 5 days in midtown and 3 days in downtown. Well I know, no problem using the excellent metro system.

How is about visiting a Gospel Sunday Service in Harlem ? Would you suggest such one (if yes - where ?) or is it only a tourist show then, or perhaps not safe enough ?

Other suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance to everybody.

A couple of musts - in my opinion - would be the Intrepid Museum, the Museum on Natural History and - on the other side of Central Park from the Nat History - the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The Intrepid doesn't seem to be one of the most popular attractions in NYC, but it's really quite remarkable - it's a museum housed within a giant aircraft carrier that's sitting on the Hudson River. There's something truly amazing about standing on the deck of a gigantic ship in the middle of NYC - plus, incredible views of the surrounding area. There's also a submarine to tour there, as well. see: http://www.intrepidmuseum.org/The-Intrepid-Experience.aspx

I don't know much about Sunday Gospel in Harlem although i've read that it's become a "thing" to do... generally speaking Harlem is pretty safe during the day, although there are still some areas you typically wouldn't want to be around.

One 'must' that i'd recommend is walking the Brooklyn Bridge... it's a "real" new york thing to do. I like extending this activity a little further as follows: Take the A or C train to the first stop in Brooklyn (High St) and walk towards the river, stopping at Grimaldi's Pizza (always a line, i suggest getting there 5-10 minutes before they open for lunch to avoid standing in line)... then walk the Brooklyn Bridge back to Manhattan, taking in the Skyline as you head back to the island.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

if the weather permits, you could rent bicycles and ride through Central Park or along the waterfront bikepath/greenway. Here is a Map. Most of the bike path along the river is flat, but there will be small hills in Central Park. There is a Gospel Brunch at B.B. King's Blues Club on 42nd Street.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]