CA San Fernando Valley Hilton Woodland Hills

LoneStar
By LoneStar,
in

A solid 3 star property, well maintained with friendly front desk staff. They didn't give me any amenities (like free breakfast) for my "regular" blue Hilton Honors card, but you can't really complain about that. Not sure why any LA tourist would want to stay at this location, but if you're travelling on business to the San Fernando valley or visiting folks there, it's a more than acceptable choice.

Only real annoyance at the property is the parking situation. It's an extremely suburban location where you're almost certain to have a car, but they charge $10 for parking and there's no parking on the street directly in front of the hotel. The Hilton flyertalk.com forum tipped me off to free street parking about 2 fairly long blocks south of the hotel, and I did that, but it was a little annoying. More annoying than paying the 10 bucks? That's up to each individual to decide!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Just returned from our stay Apr 7-9. I faxed my request for a non-smoking/2 bed room the day of my arrival. We checked in late (~9:30pm) and received our requested n-s/2b room on the 6th floor. The elevators are quick & efficient. Plenty of Valet & bellmen to assist you w/ your luggage.

Room is very large & updated (no fridge, though). The hallways have the "new-carpet" smell. The 2 double-beds were comfortable each w/ 4 down pillows & a down comforter encased in two sheets. The bathroom was clean, stocked w/ Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries, plenty of thick towels. Shower could use more pressure, but adequate. Sometimes water temperature changed while showering, but did not get scalded.

Self-park is $12.00/day. You can park at Fry's Electronics Store lot (2 long blocks away on same street) or across very busy Canoga Ave. at Circuit City parking lot. This is not convenient & even though the neighborhood is safe, we did not feel comfortable doing this to save $12.

Ate at the hotel buffet breakfast downstairs; not worth $11/adult + $5/child as the selection was limited & pastries, french toast were stale. Cheesecake Factory restaurant is next door to hotel; plenty of other restaurants, Target, Ralphs grocery store on Ventura Blvd. (other side of 101 freeway). Only 20 mins. to Universal Studios & 30 mins. to downtown LA.

Would stay here again as a base for visiting LA again.

• 9 months later...

Just came back from a two night stay at this hotel. We won the room for a Thursday-Saturday stay with a $59 bid ($74 all-in), and this place does little to seriously offend, but does nothing to inspire either. The room we eventually stayed in was a good sized room, clean and with comfortable beds. The hotel restaurant didn't impress us all that much, as the breakfast buffet mentioned by others was available, but we did not take that in. There was a full lineup of selections available in the chafing dishes, but since we were the only table in the restaurant, we passed. There are several other restaurants in the area, including the Cheesecake Factory next door, and a PF Changs not too far away.

The complaints about the parking situation are valid. If you choose to self-park in the hotel parkade, it's a bit of a hike to get from the parkade to the lobby. Unless you choose to park off-site, valet parking would be the way to go. Also, unless you have specific reasons to be in the area, this hotel really isn't convenient to anything you would call touristy.

The complaints about the hotel beyond parking: We had faxed a room request type to the hotel a few days earlier that were ignored. When we checked in, I asked to have my wife listed on the record in case she needed to talk to the hotel about anything. Knowing this still, the front desk clerk put us into a 3rd floor room that had 2 twin sized beds. I felt we were getting the Priceline treatment, as I don't ever recall getting a room in a North American hotel with 2 twins. Two doubles or queens maybe, but not twins. After debating with my wife over the size of the beds ("You're right, these beds only fit one person."), I went downstairs to ask to be moved, and we were given a room on the 5th floor with a queen sized bed.

Proud to be Canadian!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]