Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Diego (Downtown) Holiday Inn Harbor View

waltero61
By waltero61,
in

:) Used Hotwire search for hotel + rent-a-car in San Diego. 3 nights 1/7 - 1/10/05.

Very interesting point is that when you ask for a hotel and a rent-a-car, they tell you which hotel you will be getting with the quoted price. Each hotel has a different price. The only thing that they do not tell you is which rent-a-car company that you will be getting. Not a problem for me. A car is a car.

I chose the Holiday Inn - San Diego - Harbor View which was quoted at $226 for 3 nights and included the rental car. I upgraded the rental car from compact to full-size for $4 per day extra. This brought the total to $238. Upon accepting the deal, I was told that AVIS would be my rental car company.

I am extremely pleased with Hotwire. The hotel alone online would have cost me a minimum of $99 per night as per the information given on their website.

I want to thank www.betterbidding.com for getting me to even consider Hotwire. I like to stay very close to the sports arenas that I like to visit, so bidding on a zone is something that I'm not comfortable with. But knowing which hotel your getting before you bid by adding a rent-a-car is an excellent way to select exactly what you want.

Welcome to BetterBidding... glad we were able to help :)

As you probably know from reading here, we don't favor any one service over another, different providers work under different scenarios. You deserve part of the credit for keeping an open mind and exploring other avenues.

Can you please add the amenities that Hotwire provided before purchase. You can still view these by clicking the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right corner of Hotwire's home page.

Thanks! <and enjoy your stay>

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As I said in my post, I wasn't given the hotel amenities because they told me exactly which hotel I was going to get before I purchased the package.

I also can't seem to access my purchase via the "My Account" button on Hotwire's homepage. A possible explanation for this is because I made the purchase over the phone and not online.

My advice to anyone using Hotwire's sight would be to search for amenities using the hotel + rent-a-car option first. Then after you match up price and amenities, you'd probably get a very good idea of which hotel your getting before you bid on a hotel only.

I'll let you know next week if the Holiday Inn - San Diego - Harbor View is a good value for the buck.

Thanks again.

UPDATE : Just tried accessing my Hotwire account and the information that you asked me to post is now there. They must have been in the process of opening my account.

For the Holiday Inn - San Diego - Harbor View, the listed amenities are:

Restaurant(s)

Pool(s)

Fitness Center

Laundry Facilities(self-service)

This is rated a 3* hotel.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the update.

All of HOTWIRE's non-opaque offerings (flight+hotel, car+hotel) also show the amenities before purchase. We keep track of them in our HOTEL LISTS for each area so that users don't have to do multiple searches trying to find their properties... they're all located in one easy to look-up place.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]