Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Francisco (Fishermans Wharf) Radisson

travlgrl
By travlgrl,
in

I'm looking for a hotel in San Francisco for 03/24-03/28, for 2 adults and 2 kids. Right now there's a 3* in Fisherman's Wharf for $77, with the amenities: fitness center, pool and internet. My guess is this is the Holiday Inn. The price is almost within our budget ($70 with tax), but I was really hoping to find something with complimentary breakfast, which I know the Holiday Inn Express Fisherman's Wharf has, but hasn't come out yet. I have searched the forums and I see the Holiday Inn comes out more often than the HI Express?? But I have also seen the Holiday Inn going for over $100, which is way out of our budget, so the price looks very tempting. From your experience, can you give me some advice as to whether I should go for the HI now for $77 or if I still have enough time and could wait a little more to see if the HI Express or similar (with breakfast) comes out? I'm mostly looking for 3* or more hotels, but 2.5* could work. I've been sarching for USW, USE and Embarcadero too, but I'm not sure how this areas can work for a family with kids. This is for an 18 day trip, starting in San Francisco and going all the way down to San Diego, so I really need to find ways to save some money. BTW, I'm also looking for hotels in Monterey, Los Angeles, Anaheim and San Diego, but I will post in the appropiate forum when needed.

Thanks in advance.

Nobody can say if the Holiday Inn Express will appear on a future search or not, so it really depends upon your risk tolernance. If the $77 offer for the Holiday Inn were to disappear (or go up in price), how many other options do you have within/near your budget? Are there any cancellable back-up properties within your budget that you could book while you wait for something else to appear?

Do note that besides the Holiday Inn, the Radisson has also been reported with the amenity combination above, so that would be a possibility as well.

The Holiday Inn does have a "kids (12 and under) eat free" program in their restaurant, so if you did land this property perhaps that could be a money saving option as well.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've been searching hotels for about 2 months, and I haven't found anything yet within our budget for San Francisco. I've tried Expedia, Travelocity, Travel Ticker (still hasn't come out with deals for our dates) and many hotel sites. I know it might be early, but it's Spring Break for some and the week before Easter, so I would think more visitors are expected, and rates may not go down. So, no, I still don't have a backup for San Francisco and I don't know if it's still early too early for Hotwire.

Oh, I've searched Travelzoo too, but again hasn't come out with deals for our dates.

Using the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins to look at rates for March 2009 (which was a very slow time in travel due to the stock market meltdown and financial crisis) a 3* hotel in the $70's, for quad occupancy, seems reasonable for this time of year. Given you need quad occupancy (so can't safely use PRICELINE) and no other viable options close to this pricepoint, i'd be inclined to take the current offer and begin to focus on the other leg(s) of your trip; but in the end it really depends upon your risk tolerance and if 'a bird in hand is worth two in flight'.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or of we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

but I was really hoping to find something with complimentary breakfast, which I know the Holiday Inn Express Fisherman's Wharf has, but hasn't come out yet.

Ever since HOTWIRE upgraded the Holiday Inn Express from 2.5* to 3* a few months ago it's been difficult to win. When it was 2.5* it was the only 2.5* in Fisherman's Wharf. Now HIE is one of four known 3*'s in FW and it will only display when it's the least expensive of the four, which it usually isn't.

• 2 months later...

When you book for 2adults/2children all that is guaranteed is quad occupancy. If you call the hotel they could (in rare instances) refuse your admittance if the room is only designated, per fire code, for quad occupancy.

Although i imagine it's done frequently, PRICELINE and HOTWIRE are not really designed for occupancy of five (unless booking multiple rooms), so it's a risk you and your family will need to decide if you're willing to accept.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

If the "standard" room accomoates five i would just check-in and ask for a rollaway (assuming that is how they accommodate a fifth person)... if the fifth uses a pullout sofabed i would just check-in as usual, although i wouldn't make it obvious that you're five people (have one parent go for a 'walk' around the lobby with 1/2 of the kids while the other adult check-in)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]