Hotwire Hotel: p.s. Hotel Indigo, Ontario (Rancho Cucamonga)

itswife
By itswife,
in

we are going to be in RC again on Wed nite, so I went to Hotwire to see if I could see Hotel Indigo again. Only saw what was either the aLoft or the Hilton.

Well, don't want to end up at Hilton due to iffy reviews, so I called Hotel Indigo and here is my conversation:

Me: "we stayed at your hotel about 10 days ago, and we will be coming through your area again on Wednesday. Would you be willing to give us the same rate?"

Clerk: the rate is $89 on Wednesday.

Me: "yes, well, when we stayed last time it was $49. Would you be able to offer us that same rate again?"

Clerk: "well, you booked online last time and that is how you got that rate."

Me: "yes, but once we were there we decided to stay another night and you gave us the second night for that rate as well." Clerk: "yes, but they probably did that to secure your business for that second night."

AHA! GOT HIM!

Me: "well, would you be willing to give us that rate to secure our business again on Wednesday?"

I hear him kind of sigh to himself and he says YES! HAHA!

Just wanted to let you all know that it never hurts to ask! :) I was very nice and friendly the whole time and never hinted that what I was asking might be outrageous. :) You never know...... Whooo Hoooo!

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds a little tacky to me

I would never call a hotel and ask them for an old Priceline or Hotwire rate...That you had that expectation seems like you are a little too spoiled by the system. The guy probably only gave you the rate because he didn't want any of the complaining trouble you would of made had he been firmer in his no.

Cheers, O

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]