Hotwire Hotel: Nov 27-28/09 - Detroit (Auburn Hills area)

AngS1967
By AngS1967,
in

I am looking at booking a room for 2 adults and 2 children for the above dates.

The choices that come up are a 2 1/2 star with the following amenities:

Comp breakfast, fitness, pool, business centre, internet & golf nearby. It is not showing the TA reviews. It is also listed as best value and Best price Guarantee. From the best I can tell I am thinking it may be the Best Western Palace Inn minus the laundry icon. What are your thoughts?

The other choice is a 3 1/2 star that doesn't include breakfast and with the kids we were hoping for a breakfast included if possible.

Appreciate any feedback. Will book tomorrow using the sites link of course!

Thanks,

Angela :)

I'm sorry to say that a 2.5* property with this amenitie combo has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board.

From the best I can tell I am thinking it may be the Best Western Palace Inn minus the laundry icon. What are your thoughts?

Please note that the BW has not been reported with internet & golf. So i really don't have an educated guess here.

My guess is the Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills got upgraded to 3.5*.

Let us know what you decide or if you need any additional help.

Yellowdog.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Angela, we stay in that area often. If you do a 3* PRICELINE bid, more than likely you will get Courtyard by Marriott for 35.00. (sometimes you get Hyatt Place, which we like better but Courtyard has been getting most of the 3* bids in the area). This Courtyard is in a bit of an odd place but highways are easy reach and down one of the near by roads is a bunch of brand name stores. This Courtyard does not have breakfast included but there is a Coney Island in the strip mall right in front of the property that has many wonderful breakfast options and is kid friendly. Paying only 35.00 a night for this clean hotel will help pay for breakfast. :)

Enjoy your weekend, hope you find something you are happy with.

Cheryl

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

The Priceline option presented was very tempting (thank you), but we needed to be guaranteed 2 beds, so that wouldn't work for us.

I ended up booking the Comfort Suites directly and I DID use the support page link here from this site to do so.

The Comfort Suites suited our needs well this time in that it has the complimentary breakfast, also is a 100% smoke-free hotel and has a nice pool for the kids and a hot tub for us with a good quick access off the highway and shopping. Pricewise obviously not as good as HOTWIRE or PRICELINE, but still reasonable considering we got 2 queen beds and a small living area with my CAA for $71.99.

As always, thanks for the help. This site is the best!

Cheers,

Angela :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]