Jetlagtravel -> Priceline?

Chris26WI
By Chris26WI,
in

I just discovered the (German?) jetlagtravel-site.... they sell hotel rooms in Ebay.de... the hotel list at their website for Europe hotels... looks almost just the same as the Priceline-hotels (according to the hotel list here)... - apparently they book rooms via Priceline on demand which they resell... - yes, seems really like that - looking at their "booking"-site at jetlagtravel.de... almost exactly the same procedure as in Priceline...

http://www.jetlagtravel.de/alternativhotels.htm

example for their offer for JW Marriott Bangkok in Ebay.de:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...6502138179&rd=1

It's a german website. This is from DENIC (the .de name-authority) whois:

Domain: jetlagtravel.de

Letzte Aktualisierung: 31.10.2003

Robert Kristofic

JetLagTravel Einzelfirma

Haldenstrasse 29

D-70771 Leinfelden-Echterdingen

Germany

So the site is around already for a while - domain was registered more than a year ago. Then again, from the secondary contact-information it is hosted by a cheap webhosting-reseller in Berlin - Strato (probably most low-cost domains are either hosted there or with Puretec). Funny that it ios hosted exactly one IP-adress away from my family-homepage...;-)))!

That said: I have thought about such a business-model myself some time ago, but for legal reasons I decided against it. German law requires a lot of prerequisites before you are able to do such a stunt...

Greetings - Dirk

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]