Disney World Travel Tips

Jacob88
By Jacob88,
in

Hi there, I am planning a trip to Disney World, Florida next August (from Aug 22, 2010 to Aug 28, 2010). There are two families going. Each family has two adults and a child. Total six of us. We have never been Florida and would like to book a hotel or resort in the area close to Disney World. Any tips and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Our budget is to keep it under $100 each family for a 4* hotel per night. However, it appears that there are no 4* hotels available in the Disney World area. By the way, what is the difference between and hotel and resort?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

what is the difference between and hotel and resort?
(from PRICELINE) Resort hotels offer one or more pools, multiple food and beverage outlets, and a spa or fitness center. Depending on location and season, recreational options may include water sports, tennis, snow skiing or golf.
However, it appears that there are no 4* hotels available in the Disney World area
The Lake Buena Vista - Downtown Disney PRICELINE zone don't have any 4* graded hotels. All 3.5*+ hotels are rated as Resorts.
There are two families going. Each family has two adults and a child.
I just want to add that PRICELINE only guarantees a room for 2 adults. And that could mean 1 king/queen bed. But Orlando hotels are used to handle families. But this is no guarantee, could you solve a situation with only 1 bed?

Please post your thoughts and we'll go from there.

Yellowdog.

While the Orlando area is used to accomodating families and the hotels usually have a high(er) percentage of rooms which can accomodate triple occupancy, if your uncomfortable that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy for each room.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Guys - thanks for your advice. I may want to book a room through HOTWIRE as we need triple occupancy. In terms of area(s), any suggestion? We have never been Orlanda and the main purpose fo the trip is to visit Disney World (theme parks). What area is the most convenient one if we don't rent a car in Orlando? What price you think is reasonable to book a room in a resort?

Why not just book/stay at one of the Disney value resorts? You'll be running around visiting all the parks and probably just need a place to crash at night. The Pop Century is going for $82/nite and rooms come with two double beds. If you're flying, you can take advantage of Disneys Magical Express for free transportation to and from the resort and airport, as well as Disney transportation to and from the parks and Downtown Disney.

While slruud has mentioned an alternate option, the question is whether you want a 4*/Resort hotel (which i think is do-able at your budget of $100 or less) OR if you'd prefer to go the budget route (Expedia puts the Pop Century at the 2.5* level)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I may want to book a room through HOTWIRE as we need triple occupancy.

Are you willing to take the "double occupany" risk of PRICELINE or did you want to go the HOTWIRE route? If the latter, if you search HOTWIRE for triple occupancy for your dates, doesn't anything show up in the near Disney zones within your desired star rating and budget... what are the star rating and amenities?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

If ~$100 is do-able for a 4* resort hotel, I would like to give it a try; either through Priceline or Hotwire. Any suggestion for area(s)?

For the total Disney experience, I wholly recommend staying on site at a Disney Resort. That being said, I suggest you head over to disboards.com and look at the appropriate topics for hotels off site.

If you will be flying into MCO, make sure you figure ground transportation into your budget. I would also check the shuttle bus schedule from some of the offsite hotels and see how often they pickup and drop off at the parks. Good luck.

You could also save a lot of money, have more room and still stay somewhere nice if you get a condo. There are many condo resorts with pools and amenities. You could get a condo each, or even share a large 3 bedroom. For good prices, check CondoDirect and Endless Vacations by Wyndham. You may be able to get at 4* condo for much less than $100 a night, plus you'd have a kitchen for meals in and loads more space.

Thanks Gallus50 and Slruud for your advice. I will look into those options. If I bid two rooms (in one bid) through PRICELINE (I know the rooms could be for double occupancy and there are six of us - two familes), do you know whether I will for sure get two rooms in the same hotel? If I book two rooms (for triple occupany each room) through HOTWIRE, again will I get two rooms in the same hotel?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]