Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Sheraton

bobbimitz
By bobbimitz,
in

I bid $120, used free bid (adding UES) at $125 and told I could have it for $22 more, added another free bid adding UWE and got the Sheraton at $135. I'm not sure how it compares to the Hilton that others are getting. Several other sites only rate it 3*, I called Priceline and said they rate it 4* and that I could call and give feedback about it after I was there because they do change ratings. Since they charge about $15 for Internet access, does anyone know if there are coffeeshops or places nearby with free internet>

it looks like t-mobile has a current promotion for $9.99 a month for the first 30 days, this will give you access at all of their 5000 WiFi hotspots. You must cancel before 30 days or the next month will be $39.99. This is a month to month plan and you should find a location near the Sheraton as just about all Starbucks locations feature T-Mobile hot spots; along with over-roasted coffee that must be mellowed with lots of cream and sugar that turns an item costing about 25 cents into a $4.00 necessity......Give me Folgers from my percolator, black of course, anyday. :) Also, many of the McDonalds in the city have WiFi hotspots too, not sure what the fee is.

https://selfcare.hotspot.t-mobile.com/accou...?promo=TM999104

Is this the Sheraton NY or the Sheraton Manhattan? (if u're not sure let us know the address)

They're right near each other, but knowing which one i can direct you to internet access. Will you have a laptop with you? (do you need to use the laptop or can you use any computer w/ internet access?)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the follow-up.

Best source to find free access (imo) for NYC is NYCWireless.net?. Note that service in some areas listed can be a bit spotty as this organization is made up of a bunch of people looking to promote wireless access throughout the city... some while some service listed is commercial grade, some are advocates pointing their wireless router out their bedroom window (which is fine, just not 100% reliable that it will work when you get there).

Most popular (and well known) place for free access in the area is Bryant Park, although it may be a bit cold for you to be outside! :) The 5th Ave location of the NYC Public Library i think offers free access as well, but i'm not certain, may want to give them a call before you plan to go over there.

For pay service, there is an 'EasyEverything' on 42nd Street b/w 7th Ave and 8th Ave which is an 'internet access factory'. I haven't been to this location, but used this company widely when i was in London... you pay for a voucher with credit, and based upon how busy they are at the time determines how much time you get for each dollar. As an example, if they're busy you may get 20 minutes for $1... if they're slow you may get 5 hours for $1. (it's a great business model) You voucher doesn't have to be used all at once, you can buy credit and use the same voucher each time you go in (at least that's how it worked in London, i suspect the same here).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]