Priceline Hotel: 3* Westchester County (Tarrytown-Elmsford) Hilton

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

I recently bid for a same day room in the Westchester, NY area through Savingsbarn.com. This area has 4 rebid zones and only Rye-White Plains and Tarrytown have 3* properties. I used Hotwire to check prices, they had a 3* in this region for $127.00 plus taxes, which may have been the Hilton. The Travelocity rate for this property is $175.00 plus taxes.

Selected Tarrytown, 3* and bid $80, received the following message:

Congratulations, you got your price of $80 for a 3-star hotel room.

Hilton Tarrytown

Tarrytown - Elmsford

455 South Broadway

Tarrytown, New York 10591

914-631-5700

Your Offer Price: $80.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $80.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $16.73

Total Charges: $96.73

Check-In Date: Wed, Dec 15, 2004

Check-In Time: After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Thu, Dec 16, 2004

Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Presented my Hilton HHonors card at check in (what's with the two H's anyway!) and I was immediately told by the efficient and curt desk clerk that I would not get Honors Points on my stay. Although I wanted to reply that the savings of $95 will salve my wounds, I bit my tongue.

This is a grand dame property that was probably built in the late 1950's or 1960's and is a bit worn around the edges, but has a nice pool and whirlpool that will be welcome on a sub freezing night. Exercise equipment is in the same room as the pool. This is a great location, just next to the Tappan-Zee bridge, not far from West Point and the beauty of the Hudson river, its no wonder why the Rockefeller family built a mansion just up the road.

Thank you for your continued support by using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to place your bid.

A new hotel for our lists too!!

I have heard similar 'curt' front desk treatment from priceline users at the Rye Hilton. From a guest i spoke with at the Rye Hilton, i was told that the Rye location is superior to the Tarrytown location. When we stayed in Rye we passed by the Tarrytown location when we went out to dinner and it looked impressive from the outside, but the opinion i received from this other guest stated otherwise. You can see my own review of the RYE HILTON.

Thanks again!

PS- you know that chicken parm place would be an ez-on/ez-off if you're taking the GSP or Rte 17 back home (La Bella Roma Pizzeria. 35 N Farview Ave Paramus, NJ 07652 Phone: (201) 843-8687)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, the Rye Town Hilton is a better property than the Tarrytown Hilton, no doubt. The bathrooms here are small and feature a rubber stopper on a chain in the sink! I don't think the 100 year old Palmer House Hilton in Chicago still uses this ancient bathroom amenity! I also checked the Hampton Inn in Elmsford for tonight, and the rate was $159; this rate includes the Hampton Continental Breakfast. I'll take the $80 savings and pay for my own breakfast.

The Tarrytown Hilton is a decent, not great property, in a great location, has a full restaurant and room service for those in need, a pool for the kids, and is a great value through Priceline. Only some of the rooms have high speed internet, and I asked to be moved to such a room but informed that none was available. I would never pay rack rates for this property, but if your travels take you to the Westchester, NY area, this is a fine Priceline choice.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]