CA Palm Springs Indian Wells Resort Palm Dessert

rc408
By rc408,
in

I just returned from my stay at the hotel and was really disappointed. :) It was my first 3* hoel from Priceline and I think I'll stick to higher rated properties. The lobby was nice (though they are doing some construction) but the rooms were a dissapointment. there was peeling wallpaper, damaged furniture and mold in the bathroom. We had two twin beds in the room and they did not allow a rollaway for us though there was plenty of room.

The Priceline charge does not include a $12 resort fee they charge on arrival. :) This does include free drinks in the bar from 4 - 7pm and free continental buffet in the morning as well as use of the fitness facilities.

• 7 months later...

Although we stayed after you we felt that it was a good property for the price, we paid $43 plus fees

we were told at check in that there was a $12 fee which included valet parking, internet access, cold breakfast

bar. the room was fine with us although two double beds would have been better as two queen beds.

The front desk girl Irene was especially helpful, the pool was bathtub warm. The hotel is remodeling rooms

and the one we got was fine. OH, by the way did I mention that part of the resort fee you had a free

drink happy hour of draft beer , white zin, and other wines from the hours of 5-6 p.m., trust me I got

my $12 resort fee back at this function.

Overall this hotel was worth the $43 + $12. Any time you see a resort added to the name of a hotel you

should be prepared for an additional fee.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to agree with aircourt. We stayed here late July as well and paid a similar rate. It simply could NOT compete with the other hotels we stayed in (which were all 4 star properties), but for the money, there is really NO room to complain. We had to change rooms because the AC unit in our first room was broken, which was fine with me, cause hotel rooms on ground floors with sliding doors that open to the parking lot FREAK me out anyway. We moved up to the second floor with a room overlooking the pool. Our expectations were low, so we were not disappointed. It is an old and dated hotel with window unit AC's, old carpet, old wallpaper, not to comfortable beds (we got a king). A solid 3 star. One thing we found shocking was the lack of knowledge of the area displayed by the front desk night guy. We asked for directions to grab something to eat. He gave us directions and sent us on our way. The guy was not only wrong, it was as if he were giving us directions from some flashback from his old hometown. It was quite comical actually. His name was Elvis which made it even more comical. In switching our rooms, Elvis took us to several different rooms within the hotel and told us what was wrong with each room and explained that when they built this hotel they forgot to add ventilation into the elevator in case we were wondering why it was so hot and oven like. He said that in 'HIGH' season rooms in this joint go for 268 bucks a night! i can assure you, if we had paid that amount of money, I would have been SO UPSET! but for 45 bucks a night plus 12 dollars, worth every penny, and the experience with Elvis was priceless. Palm Springs, deserted in the summer, is like a ghost town and Elvis fit right in.

• 4 years later...

The resort fee is $20/day now. It covers parking, internet, and breakfast. For some reason I didn't get charged the resort fee though. The hotel is showing its age (very much) but for $38/night with resort fees waived I'm not complaining. Lots of historical pics of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz on the walls (they built the hotel), plus the other usual suspects---Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Natalie Wood, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
One thing we found shocking was the lack of knowledge of the area displayed by the front desk night guy. We asked for directions to grab something to eat. He gave us directions and sent us on our way. The guy was not only wrong, it was as if he were giving us directions from some flashback from his old hometown. It was quite comical actually. His name was Elvis which made it even more comical. In switching our rooms, Elvis took us to several different rooms within the hotel and told us what was wrong with each room and explained that when they built this hotel they forgot to add ventilation into the elevator in case we were wondering why it was so hot and oven like. He said that in 'HIGH' season rooms in this joint go for 268 bucks a night! i can assure you, if we had paid that amount of money, I would have been SO UPSET! but for 45 bucks a night plus 12 dollars, worth every penny, and the experience with Elvis was priceless. Palm Springs, deserted in the summer, is like a ghost town and Elvis fit right in.

You wrote that 4+ years ago, norwegianwife. I stayed at the Indian Wells a couple days ago and now the hotel's Front Office Manager is a guy named Elvis. I'm thinking he must be your Elvis from 2005, promoted, and he learned how to give local directions. Could there be two Elvises at the same hotel?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]