Priceline Hotel: Oregon Coast - rejects

akin
By akin,
in

Thanks for the info...

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Are you still trying for this stay? (or made alternate plans) If you're still seeking these dates, what is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info...

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The coastal cities are 300 miles from Grants Pass. That's why I put them in separate posts. I didn't see the connection.

I reached my maximum bid for these and now have other arrangements now for this date. I may rebid on either of these for next week.

Just FYI, I also reached my max rebids for the Oregon coast (Seaside) a couple of weekends ago. I wanted to go so bad that I just drove down there. I stopped at the Shilo Seaside where people here posted $65/nite, naturally they quoted me $125/nite - this was a Saturday. I stopped at a couple of hotels on Hwy 101 (Motel 6 and some other), both wanted $90/nite; And they're far from the boardwalk.

Knowing the name brand hotels would be $125+/nite, we stopped at a couple of rinky dink hotels close to the beach. Finally discovered the Seashore Inn in Seaside. Must've caught the manager in a good mood because she gave us two rooms each at $65/nite. This was at 2pm on a Saturday and one of the last nice weekends on the coast. It's a on the beach and two blocks from the boardwalk. The rooms were clean, the property was quiet and free internet!

Just goes to show you - sometimes rates are negotiable. We lucked out, I know. But I couldn't have gotten that on Priceline. People have been winning the Shilo in Seaside. The property is not anything to boast about and the rooms are antiquated. You have to drive to the boardwalk.

Thanks for the comments. FWIW, I decide my max bid like this.

If I'm bidding on 2.5 or 3*, I compare prices to one level down, a 2*, that I know I'm OK with. I look at something like the Comfort Inn and I get senior rates. Then I add 10% for my estimated taxes. I will not pay more than this (including taxes) for a 2.5 or 3*. There is not 'bargain' if I do. There is risk of the unknown. I've stayed in priceline 3* that I would not classify as a 3*. There are no gotcha charges. internet, parking etc. There can be no cancellations. There are no bonus/reward points. If things are not cheaper for these 'risks' than there is no reason to go with priceline.

PRICELINE has some good deals and I will continue to compare their prices. But all that glitters is not gold.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]