Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Little Rock (West-Medical Center) Amerisuites

HarryK
By HarryK,
in

If I was to ask "What's the deal with Little Rock?", I'm sure I'd get a lot of replies, but none would probably satisfy me.

After trying Priceline on MULTIPLE occasions over the last week or 2, I finally gave up trying to get a decent hotel there for under $70 ($85 w/ taxes).

So I hit Hotwire. They had a 2.5* for $59. It seemed like a better deal than anything Priceline had to offer there, so I went for it. Got the Amerisuites. Okay, I guess. Not great, but since I'd had such poor luck with Priceline, I was kind of happy to have at least gotten someplace halfway-decent.

Until I went to the Amerisuites' website to check their "normal" prices. Guess how much? THE EXACT SAME PRICE! On their website I could have reserved the room for $59 PLUS I could have: (1) Selected smoking or non smoking, (2) Selected a King sized bed and/or (3) Changed my reservation in case my plans changed. But nooooooo, I was dumb enough to buy through Hotwire.

All I can say is that Little Rock must either have a BOOMING hotel business going on, or they've got so little business that they can't afford to realistically participate in Priceline or Hotwire, because there are NO deals that I've been able to locate in Little Rock. Either way, I'm going to try and avoid the entire city in the future

Sorry to hear of yoru disappointment.

Will you please add the date(s) of your stay, zone within Little Rock this was located, and more importantly the amenities that Hotwire associated with this property before purchase... you can still view the amenities by clicking the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right corner of Hotwire's home page.

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yeah, sorry I skipped that part, I was busy being annoyed :)

Amerisuites

Area: Little Rock West - Medical Center

Thurs Dec 16th - $59 plus $16.95 tax

Suite, Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Business Center

BTW, I really appreciate the existance of this board. Great info here (even if it didn't help me this time because nobody stays in Little Rock) :) I screwed up because there *is* one listing for Little Rock here that I found by searching (after the fact) and it's the Amerisuites. I could have found that first and gone to their website before buying my room on Hotwire and I would have probably figured out that it wasn't a deal. Unfortuntately I was so frustrated with my Priceline experiences that I was just happy to find a 2.5* hotel in there for $59.

I think if the total cost is more on Hotwire, which it would be with the service fee even if the $59 is the same, you could still go for Double the Difference. Does anyone know for sure? I'd try it anyway, as the worst thing that could happen is that you get shot down. You do have to do it in 48 hours.

I think the smaller the town, the less good the deals tend to be through Priceline or Hotwire. I'm sure there are many exceptions, but in general I think the best savings are in major metropolitan areas.

Harry, thanks for the follow-up info. Even though this hotel was already listed here and this purchase could have been avoided, if you're ever in a similar circumstance feel free to post... we can often offer advice and help to figure out the id of hotels that aren't already listed.

WT, i believe the DD doesn't include taxes and/or fees and is based upon room rate only.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]