Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (SOMA-Moscone Center) Marriott Marquis

joshlane4
By joshlane4,
in

Hi, I'm a new poster on this board, but I've been trolling and researching for several weeks. I'm going to San Fran from 10/21-10/24 and I'm trying to get a 4* hotel in the following areas:

1. Financial District
  2. SOMA
  3. USE
  4. US Knob Hill

I know about the five re-bid zones, and I've tried from $75-105 per night. Do I just need to bid higher, or should I wait until closer to my dates and try again for the same low rates...any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help!

OK, I need more help. I'm still unable to get a room. I've been bidding every night with my name and my wife's with two strategies:

1. Bidding for 4 star hotels using the 4 initial zones (US Nob Hill, USE, Financial, SOMA) and adding the 5 rebid zones, with this technique I'm up to $130/night
  2. Bidding for 3 star hotels starting w/ US Nob Hill, and adding subsequently USE, Financial, and SOMA, with increasing the bid each time. With this technique I'm up to $115/night

so in short I'm unable to get a 4 star for $130 or a 3 star for $115...any thoughts (other than bid higher :) )

thanks

I'm not familiar with the geography of San Fran in great detail, but is staying by the airport any possibility? I'm seeing rates for 3.5/4/4.5*'s on HOTWIRE in San Fran at $250-300+, which would put a likely PRICELINE win rate quite a bit higher than $130. However, the hotels by the airport don't seem half bad, with rates around $100.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option... you might be able to find something downtown within your budget for the first two nites of your stay (HOTWIRE is currently offering a 4* for $139/nite in the USW) and then change hotels for the last nite of your stay (which is likely going to be EXPENSIVE if you need to stay Downtown)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Your thoughts?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks guys/gals!!

Splitting up our bid (like thereuare said) worked! We got the Marriott San Francisco Marquis (in the SOMA zone) for $105/night for the 21st and 22nd. Then we got the Hyatt Regency San Francisco (in the Financial district) for $135/night for our last night the 23rd.

I'm so excited we got this done! And the hotels are just a mile apart.

Thanks for all of your help!!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board. :)

Glad splitting your stay worked out so well - not only good deals for a busy time period, but hotels close by one another. This thread will be used for your Marriott stay. It would be greatly appreciated if you could post a separate thread for the Hyatt stay.

Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE link to start your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]