Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Airport EWR) Four Points Sheraton

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

First bid of $42 for a 3* was rejected, increased bid to $47 was accepted. As always, I use SavingsBarn.com:

Congratulations, you got your price of $47 for a hotel room, and we've upgraded your hotel quality level to a 3-star hotel!

Four Points Sheraton Newark Airport

Elizabeth-Newark Airport Zone

901 Spring Street

Elizabeth, New Jersey 07201

908-527-1600

Check-In Date: Wed, Dec 1, 2004

Check-In Time: After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Thu, Dec 2, 2004

Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price: $47.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $47.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$13.91

Total Charges: $60.91

I made this same day reservation with at 5:30 local time, I found a Free WiFi spot at an area Hotel and made the reservation in the lobby. The internet-rate for this hotel is $85.00; with taxes $ 96.05. Don't know if I'm up for the drive into Hoboken tonight, but I can hear Arthur's Tavern and its signature 24 oz steak calling for me.......

Hoboken always welcomes you... but there are also some great steak and seafood place out in Newark too! (and BIG steaks at that!)

This is also a new hotel for the lists! Thank you very much for the support you always show the board by placing your bids thru the SavingsBarn.com

I know you often find hotspots in lobbies for same day stays... have you ever won a hotel in the lobby you were sitting in?

Thanks again.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have yet to win a bid for a hotel, sitting in their lobby while using their WiFi. However, a few months ago I stopped to use a hotel lobby WiFi and downloaded a coupon from a website, I then faxed this coupon to the Newark Airport Fairfield Inn. Upon check in, I asked the clerk if she had a fax for me, and she went behind the desk and retrieved my faxed coupon. She accepted it and got the room for $70, a savings of $45.

BTW, the Newark Sheraton Four Points is rated in PL as a 3* but it is more like a 2.5* or lower, and like all Airport Hotels, they get beat up pretty fast as most guests stay for one night; this property is no exception. I didn't use the Restaurant, Bar, pool, or fitness center. The Hotel charges $ 5.00 for parking and $ .99 for all local and toll free calls, one of my big pet peves. If you have an early morning flight out of EWR, this would be a good place to stay. Also, I checked out using the remote control on the TV, and it looks like Priceline paid this hotel $ 50.40 for the room which included taxes. My charges were $60.91, so PL made $10.51 on this deal, a 20% profit, not bad!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]