Priceline Hotel: advice needed: 4*hotel in SF from 10/22 - 10/26

sgarg
By sgarg,
in

I am new to this process and new to San Francisco and would greatly appreciate advice for a bidding strategy: I am going to a conference (so I know it is a busy time) at the Moscone Center in SF from 10/22 to 10/26, but will be traveling alone, so the hotel needs to be in a safe area. I am looking for a 4* hotel.....how do suggest I start in terms of price and region for that time period?

Thanks so much,

sgarg

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You originally posted this in a different forum so i've moved it here and merged with your other thread.

If you ever can't find your post/thread you can click your name on the top left corner fo the board to be taken to your profile. From there you can click the TOPIC tab to see the last 5 topics you started, click the POSTS tab for the last 5 posts (replies to existing threads), and if that goes go back far enough you can click the OPTIONS drop down menu on the top left of the profile page (under "Personal Phots") to pull up all the TOPICS you started or all the POSTS you've made.

In regards to your stay above, which zone(s) are you willing to accept and what is your maximum bid? Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There are others on the board who are more local to this area than i am, but those zones are the more frequently bid areas. USW-Nob Hill is also bid frequently, but my understanding is that this area begins to get close to the Tenderloin, is that you're reasoning behind not including this zone too?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Based on what Hotwire is offering I don't think $150 will be enough for a 4* for your dates, especially if you don't want to bid USW.

Hotwire has a 4* in USW for $345, and no 4* or 3.5* offered in the other Downtown zones.

There's no reason not to try for your first choice though. If this doesn't work we can talk about alternatives.

When bidding for 4* in SF you have four rebid zones. Those are zones that only have hotels less than 4*. If you need help determining your four rebid zones please ask before you bid.

My suggestion:

Select USE, SOMA-Moscone, and Embarcadero-Financial and bid $110 for a 4*.

Then add the four rebids, one at a time, raising your bid $10 each time, up to your $150 limit.

Please start your bids with this PRICELINE link and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]