Priceline Hotel: Upper West Side, NYC

2thDr
By 2thDr,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This zone is not bid often because the highest rated hotel in the zone is only 2.5*. If you'd like a strategy to bid for this zone anyway let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest an appropriate strategy.

As an alternative...

While the UM/CPS zone is the next closest geographically, this may not be the best choice since the zone is only 5 blocks wide and runs from the East side to the West side. If you'd likely travel by taxi then this would be an ok zone to bid, but if you plan on traveling by subway i would sooner recommend the MTW zone so that you could easily get on the 1, 2 , 3, 9, B, or C train and be there in no time at all.

Let us know your thoughts regarding the above, and expected budget/maximum bid, and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Go Blue!

We're going for a religious ceremony celebrating the birth of our first grandchild. We'll also have my 91 year old mother, so I guess once we're in a taxi, it really doesn't matter. Would like a nice place - won't be taking the subway. I'll spend whatever I have to for a top-notch place. any thoughts?

Many thanks.

Please give me some sort of budget idea.

NYC has many hotels at all sorts of prices, just a few examples for your nite:

Shoreham Hotel at $115/nite REVIEW and MORE REVIEWS

Grand Hyatt at $289/nite REVIEWS and MORE REVIEWS

Ritz Carlton at $589/nite REVIEWS

... and lots more hotels inbetween.

So perhaps you would spend almost $600/nite for the Ritz Carlton <which is fine> and i'm sure it is VERY nice, but it may not be the best value (as well as more than most of us care to spend). A little bit more info regarding what you would ideally like to pay can lead us to recommend what we perceive to be your best deal for this nite.

Knowing what "your next best deal" is will enable us to make sure you don't overbid for a hote when trying Priceline.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I know that this is a Priceline thread, but Hotwire has what appears to be the 4* Shorham Hotel in Midtown Central for $117, add taxes and fees brings it up to $140. Now, when two rooms are requested, the rate shoots up to $156 per room, add taxes and fees, the price is $185.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]