Hotwire Hotel: 3* Monterey - Carmel (Monterey) Hyatt Regency

Steph58
By Steph58,
in

Well, I never thought I would be posting to the Hotwire board because I'm a diehard PL fan. My experience is PL is almost always the way to go. Not this time with the $30 Entertainment refund. I've been trying for 3-4 weeks to get this hotel via PL. Bid up to $67 on PL when Hotwire showed a rate of $166 (lowest Hyatt.com rate is $179). Booked a cancelable backup at a Best Western for approx $70 total.

Yesterday Hotwire lowered their rate to $88 so I thought for sure I'd get it on PL, but no go up to $57. So off I went to Hotwire who came through ($102.95 total) and I've sent in my $30 rebate form. Many thanks to the posters on the board regarding this topic--I printed out the PDL form so I don't have to cut up my book and hopefully can get another $30 in the future.

Icons were as posted: Restaurant, pool, fitness center, golf, tennis, business ctr - Customer Favorite. The comments are different now, but when I read them they mentioned it was right on the golf course, beautiful grounds, but far from other things--that's the Hyatt. I've stayed here quite a few times for $47 on PL. I think the term customer favorite is a stretch--compared to what? But it's a good deal for the location on a Fall Saturday night.

Glad to see you kept an open mind... doing so saved you some money in this scenario. :)

I continue to say that each service has its pros and cons. I don't favor one over the other, but one is usually better than the other given the particular situation. It all boils down to doing a bit of homework/research and knowing your alternate options... just as you have done in this situations. Nice work!

Thanks for the results of your purchase with the board.

Glad it worked out well for you.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]