Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Los Angeles (Downtown) Marriott

Skirulz
By Skirulz,
in

4* West Hollywood.

We are getting to LA on the 24th of Oct and Leaving on the 30th of Oct. Can you plaese suggest what price i should start bidding with since all these awesome hotels are going for dirt cheap eg.. Hollywood Heights, Renaissance, Andaz....

I would mind getting one og these for under $80..

Any suggestions please? We are going to have a rental to travel around

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same dates.

Would you like to try PRICELINE before we start to ID any hotel for you?

Yellowdog.

Hi Sorry.. No idea what happened there as this is my first time.... i had a look at hotwire and priceline name your price and so far i liked the $73 3 star from hotwire but not sure what hotel that might be. I was going to try priceline for a 4* under that price but not sure how sucessful i am going to be. I was wondering what hotel might be offered under the 3* from hotwire compared to if i would be sucessful securing a better hotel via priceline for cheaper? we are going to have a rental so driving around is not a problem but we were looking at anywhere around hollywood, hollywood west

Thank you in advance

PRICELINE is generally less expensive than HOTWIRE, although the details (how much, etc) do vary by date/traffic and one has less say over where they do end up when using PRICELINE. If you're seeing a 3* on HOTWIRE for $73, you could attempt to bid for a 4* on PRICELINE up to that price. If not successful, then you could go with the 3*.

Please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchase.

Best guess for the HOTWIRE hotel above is the Ramada Inn Hollywood near Universal for which the reviews are not in the same league as the 4* properties you refer to above.

Would this property be acceptable? If not, do you want to consider raising your maximum bid for a 4* hotel via PRICELINE? When bidding PRICELINE which zone(s) are you willing to accept? (also note that when bidding on PRICELINE you can receive any hotel in the zone at the minimum star rating (or better) that you select... not just the ones you've included above)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the zones you're willing to accept and your maximum bid and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi

I would definetly consider rising my maximum bid for a 4 * hotel. The zones i am willing to accept are West Hollywoold, Hollywood and if none of these pan out then Downtown LA but we have a car so didnt want to pay through the roof for it at downtown. I would be very happy if the hotel i get would be in the same league as the one's mentioned. I was thinking of starting off with West Hollywood as somewhere i read that this had the most 4* hotels in the area... I will bid tonight for a 4* and hopefully i get something similar.

Thank you

I would be very happy if the hotel i get would be in the same league as the one's mentioned.

Are you willing to accept any 4* hotel in the zone that you select?

If so, why not bid both the Hollywood and Beverly Hills/West Hollywood zones and let whichever has a lower available price accept your bid?

If you let us know your maximum bid we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Beverly Hills...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Hollywood...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Beverly Hills and Hollywood...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

any questions feel free to ask (especially regarding re-bidding and confirming your re-bid zones with the board.)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hi

I tired witht he 4* up to the $90 mark

and 3.5 star up to the $65 mark last night but it all got rejected.

I was looking at the hotel on hotwire today and they have 3.5-star hotel in Downtown Los Angeles for $79

Amenities: Smoke free rooms, Fittness Center, pools, restaurant, Business Center, Highspeed internet access.

I also saw a 3-star hotel in Hollywood Area for $77

Amenities:Smoke free rooms, Complimentery Breakfast, Fitness center, Laundry Facilites, High Speed Internet access.

Can you please help me identify what hotels these might be. The dates havnt changed and we are still looking at 24th of Oct till the 30th of Oct.

Thank you

The zones i am willing to accept are West Hollywoold, Hollywood and if none of these pan out then Downtown LA but we have a car so didnt want to pay through the roof for it at downtown.

You'll also pay to park in West Hollywood and Hollywood.

If you can raise your limit from $90 to $100 I think you have a shot at a 4* in Beverly Hills-West Hollywood or Hollywood zones. We've seen recent 4* wins reported in both zones in the $90-100 range but not for $90 or less.

And I think you have a shot at a 3.5* in Beverly Hills-West Hollywood if you'll raise your limit there too. I think you've only bid to $65 for a 3.5*. $80-90 might be more realistic.

If you only want to go to $65 then try for a 3* in Hollywood or BH-WH, starting around $55.

Good luck!

Hi Guys

Thank you for being so helpful.... i managed to get a 3.5* hotel in downtown Marriots for $66 a night for 6 nights... now i am just stuck with getting a rental... i received a email from priceline saying that they were offering me a full size for $22 but by the time i went to book the $22 deal disappeared. What do you guys think i should do??

Congratualtions on your success!

Can you confirm whether you used PRICELINE or HOTWIRE to book this stay? If HOTWIRE, can you please also iclude the amenites shown before your purchase which you can still view by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

If PRICELINE just let us know and we'll move to that section of the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]