Priceline Hotel: 3* Tucson (East) Doubletree Reid Park

blindman
By blindman,
in

Not exactly what I wanted, but that's the chance you take on PL.

I was bidding for a 2.5* hotel in Tucson (East) hoping to get the Residence Inn at around $35.00

This has free breakfast\parking\internet and early evening drinks!

Started at $29.00 Tucson East

Got a counter offer of an extra $7 which I refused

Bid $30.00 added Tucson La Paloma as a free bid- No luck

Bid $31.00 added Tucson North as a free bid- No luck

Bid $32.00 added Tucson Central as a risky bid (it has 2.5 * but 'usually' at higher $$)

Got the "You've been upgraded to a 3*" message.

So I'm slightly peeved (mainly at myself- should possibly waited longer to bid again) but looks like a reasonable hotel.

Hotel net non refundable rate is $84.60.

At least you're getting a good value for your money given the discount over the conventional rate.

I'm usually fairly consertative and although sometimes it's necessary to take a 'chance' such as you did above (ie - when your check-in date is quickly approaching and there are no 72 hour periods left), i never do when there is plenty of time left to bid. Even if i'm 99% certain that i won't get a hotel in the unwanted area, there's just really no need to take the 1% risk.

Enjoy your stay and have a great trip.

As always, thank you for posting.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...
The Radisson is not a bad hotel- probably on the lower range of 3 stars.  It is big and they will likely put you in the back - far from the pool, restaurant, office.  Ask for closer if you use these.  A bit far out from town and other stores, etc. - but depends on where you are going.

It's not a good one either :)

Got put in a room at the back, as predicted, but not too bothered. The room was shabby and drab, suprisingly so as it the hotel boasts it has had a refurbishment!

In room internet was free (100Mbps) there was a coffee maker but no minibar.

Location was Ok for us as we went to Saguaro park and up to the top of Mt Lemon (it's not that scary :) )

There is a (small) pool and spa and a small gym.

Not too impressed overall with the hotel, couldn't really recommend it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]