Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency

Aprilmay
By Aprilmay,
in

Wow..........What a day!!!!!

To make a very long story short, my husband's wallet was stolen out of his truck today, $320 taken, and the wallet returned to the Vet's office where we had taken our dog. So in order to recoup some of our loss, I rearranged our accomodations for our NYC trip this Christmas to include this steal of a deal in Jersey City. I had cancellable reservations at The Belvedere in NYC, and booked the following via Priceline:

Your Offer Price: $38.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $76.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $18.40

Total Charges: $94.40

The total for two nights at The Belvedere was $303, so I've saved quite a bit!

Without this site, I would never have known that such opportunities exist. A sincere thanks, Thereuare.

I do have a question. Our flight lands at LGA at 9:00pm on Saturday night. I have reserved a room through priceline at the Crowne Plaza for that evening. What is the easiest/quickest/cheapest way to get to the Hyatt from LGA on Sunday morning? I'm sure there are several options, but I'm just not sure what they are!

Thanks!

April

...easiest/quickest/cheapest way...

These are usually mutually exclusive :)

I think you have a few options:

1) Taxi direct to Hyatt (expensive... maybe $70 and not worth it)

2) Taxi from Crowne Plaza to midtown NYC PATH station ($25-$30 plus toll and tip), then PATH train to Jersey City Exchange Place ($1.50/pp). Going from a midtown PATH station will require you to make one train transfer.

3) Taxi from Crowne Plaza to downtown NYC PATH station ($30-$35 plus tip... not likely to be a toll on this route), then PATH train to Jersey City Exchange Place ($1.50/pp). Going from a downtown PATH station will be a direct route and no transfer needed.

4) You could also take various busses to the subway to the PATH train. This would take a longer and also be more difficult if you have a lot of luggage, but it would only cost $3.50/pp and is do-able if you travel light and have a sense of adventure. I can give you the different options if this is your likely route.

Options 3 or 4 are likely your best bet depending upon how much time you want to commute vs. hassle vs. cost savings.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

We leave for NYC tomorrow and it just occurred to me that I know absolutely nothing about the subway system. Since this will be our main source of transportation, could any of you residents or regulars give me a quick tutorial? I understand the way the streets are setup.

We have the following locations on our current itenerary... (in no particular order)

Times Square

Rockefeller Center

Staten Island Ferry

The Burger Joint at Le Parker Meridien

Empire State Building

St. Patrick's Cathedral

Grand Central

Central Park

Museum of Natural History

Also, does the PATH run all the way into Midtown from outside the Hyatt, or must you switch to the subway at the WTC?

I appreciate any assistance you guys have to offer! Can't wait to see the city!

April

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]